It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nutritional Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2005, 07:01 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Losec, anyone? This is about testing for gluten....

Hi,
I was wondering what I should eat and how long before, since I'm getting a test for celiac disease, or a gluten intolorane. THanks

Old 06-21-2005, 02:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: Losec, anyone? This is about testing for gluten....

Yah, I went today, ate some whole wheat crakers, and a wheat granola bar right before I got the test. The results will take 3 days.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2005, 05:07 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

conrgats my dear, oh and, go read what i said in the other one... take care

Old 06-21-2005, 06:59 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
conrgats my dear, oh and, go read what i said in the other one... take care
you never answered me about why you think it's KOOL that i'm irish, lol.
I also wanted to tell ya that I bought some corn pasta today, and I want to learn how to make a corn(crust) pizza SOOOO bad. I'm like obsessing about this NO GLUTEN thing, LOLLLL. ANyways, I'm gonna learn it, make it, and see if my family will like it. Does it taste better or worse than the poison(wheat) kind.lol I wish I could convince my husband that gluten is generally a bad substance.
Oh, and I also wanted to ask you about the smiley faces on your screen. I can't use some of mine, is it the same for you????

Last edited by Jess75; 06-21-2005 at 07:33 PM.

Old 06-21-2005, 07:54 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

hi jess... what can say, lol.. you are just an Incredible human being.. ..anyways, dont they sell frozen crusts at whole foods..because here i can get so many..?? when i say home made I mean i get the crust and, dress it myself..its soooooo easy, your daughter can even do it..lol..nah dont worry about it.. lets see what the doc says, and, if he says like Negative, then what? Like is he telling you that those feelings are ok..you know..constipation, bloating..etc fatigue..ya know cause really those are not normal.. anyways the smileys work great here with me, maybe your comp needs updating.. chow

Old 06-21-2005, 08:04 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
hi jess... what can say, lol.. you are just an Incredible human being.. ..anyways, dont they sell frozen crusts at whole foods..because here i can get so many..?? when i say home made I mean i get the crust and, dress it myself..its soooooo easy, your daughter can even do it..lol..nah dont worry about it.. lets see what the doc says, and, if he says like Negative, then what? Like is he telling you that those feelings are ok..you know..constipation, bloating..etc fatigue..ya know cause really those are not normal.. anyways the smileys work great here with me, maybe your comp needs updating.. chow
I meant what is so great about being IRISH , lol. You said that you like the Irish heritage and I was just curious about the reason. BTW, i'll let you know as soon as i find out. I have a feeling it's going to come out negative. I'll FREAK if it's postive. Believe it or not i'll be kinda happy in a way so I can have a REAL excuse!!! Ya know! I read a good bit about celiac disease last night and most of it was related to how the blood tests are usually negative unless there is SEVERE damage. I guess I'll try this COMPLETE gluten free diet for 2 weeks AGAIN. I attempted this before but kept screwing up cause I don't know, lol. ANyways, I'm going to do it better this time. I think even KETCHUP HAS gluten in it, sheeeesh, I really don't even know what to look for. I'm really gonna stay away from breads, pasta's, junk, etc.
BTW, you probably think that i type long quotes I used to take typing class in high school and was the fastest typer in my class, LOLL. That was probably one of the only good things I was REALLY good at in school. I love to type so don't mind my long threads, sorry, lol.

Oh, and I do have a few questions about a few things that i'm not sure about like weather this or that has gluten in it. But I don't want to overwhelm you with too much, cause i have been lately, LOL. I'll wait till tomorrow. Just stupid stuff.

Last edited by Jess75; 06-21-2005 at 08:25 PM.

Old 06-21-2005, 08:27 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

hahahaha nah dont worry.... type whatever you need to type..lol oh and, for the ketchup have you tried the Muir Glen kind..mmmm its amazing and, all GF.. you know jess.. when I started this diet I was all depressed, but now I love it.. take care. Hey wait, why will you freak if its Positive.??

ask away jess// ill do my best but, remember im form Canada.

tata

Last edited by Losec20mg; 06-21-2005 at 08:30 PM.

Old 06-21-2005, 08:34 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
hahahaha nah dont worry.... type whatever you need to type..lol oh and, for the ketchup have you tried the Muir Glen kind..mmmm its amazing and, all GF.. you know jess.. when I started this diet I was all depressed, but now I love it.. take care. Hey wait, why will you freak if its Positive.??
YOU STILL never anwered my question about what is so SIGNIFICANT about being irish. There has to be something about the irish because you said something about how you like the irish heritage or whatever.

I don't know why I'll freak, it'll just be wierd and a pain at the same time. BUt yet a relief cause it will be worth the effort to never have to suffer from this again. i know i seem confusing sometimes, haha, sorry. I'm tired right now. My darn yawn man don't wanna work #### it, lol. Today I felt good though, like i said, it's off and on.

Old 06-21-2005, 08:37 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:

ask away jess// ill do my best but, remember im form Canada.

tata
What does Canada have to do with it? LOL
ANd thank you for your patience. I feel like i've been naggin at ya losec but I know you know your stuff, and now i don't have to worry since your from Canada,lol I have a few questions about the CADIDA diet but don't want to go into that right now. Maybe that's my problem(yeast), although I never had a yeast infection in my life.
Oh and don't forget to read my post above!

Last edited by Jess75; 06-21-2005 at 08:39 PM.

Old 06-21-2005, 08:47 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

the reason why I said from Canada is because the products here are not the same.. lol.... what were you thinking.??

Old 06-21-2005, 08:55 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
the reason why I said from Canada is because the products here are not the same.. lol.... what were you thinking.??
Why are you avoiding my question about the Irish??LOLLLLL Forget it, you dont have to answer. I thought that you may either like their style, or looks, i was just curious cause i take being irish pretty seriously. NOt like i think i'm better than anyone else, but I don't knowwww, lol. I like all nationalities all colors but I'm interested in the irish heritage kinda. I"m not making sense again, it's bed time I had too much gluten today, lol.
Oh, the products aren't the same i see.
I thought you said i can help SINCE i'm from canada. my fault

Last edited by Jess75; 06-21-2005 at 09:02 PM.

Old 06-22-2005, 07:38 AM   #12
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

I think that Irish people are beautiful especially the woman.... now lets get back on subject. .. ask whatever you want..

Old 06-22-2005, 07:53 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
I think that Irish people are beautiful especially the woman.... now lets get back on subject. .. ask whatever you want..
OH, I see. I never heard of that but hey, that's cool. Yah, i'll be askin ya, especially if i'm positive!!!

BTW, my smiley faces work today, even the "yawn man"lol. Some were working and some weren't.

Oh yah, do those rice cakes by quaker have gluten in them? If they do,prolly a little. and if i do have this gluten intolorance, then i'm just gonna stay away from all of the yeasty, bready stuff. Like pasta, bread, cookies(pretty much already do) and all the doughy stuff(that prolly get's stuck in your intestines.) ewwwww, i'm becoming convinced that this gluten is a hidden problem in our society. especially after reading all of those threads on this "nutritional disorder" board.

Last edited by Jess75; 06-22-2005 at 08:02 AM.

Old 06-22-2005, 11:17 AM   #14
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

i try to get those rice cakes from lundberg..but, i think that the Quacker are ok but, only the plain ones.. ciao jess..

see ya

Old 06-22-2005, 11:46 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
i try to get those rice cakes from lundberg..but, i think that the Quacker are ok but, only the plain ones.. ciao jess..

see ya
Oh, I got the ranch kind, lol. OH well. I'll let you know.
Layta L

Closed Thread