It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nutritional Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2005, 04:45 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User
question about bloating

I have been experiencing extreme bloating for about a year now, I had cleaned up my diet and was eating fresh and organic foods alot of veggies and fruit and a bit more protein. I started to experience horrible bloating which I thought I would get use to after a while due to the increase of fiber but I did not. Everyone thought I looked five months pregnant. I went to the DR. they took me off all milk wheat nuts and soy until they did some testing. Everything came back negative except I am lactose intolerant which I already knew. I changed my eating a bit and ate smaller meals not quite as many salads ate very slowly and that seemed to help and I also stopped snackinh and just had about three meals a day. This seemed to help I also took away alot of protein and just had that at my evening meal. I felt a lot better not to much bloating for a few months. I like to eat very healthy and I try not to put anything in my body that is not natural so I tried to go back to eating oatmeal and eggwhits for breakfast, salad and chicken for lunch, fish veggies and soup for dinner and two snacks throughout the day and now I have to say I feel awful again almost like I am swollen all over my body. Could this be a problem with protein has anyone experienced this before?

Old 10-15-2005, 06:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: question about bloating

CAD, how long did you abstain from wheat? I always get bloated but it seems to get better when I limit my wheat intake. Better yet, I'm tryin to avoid the stuff all together.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2005, 06:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User

I avoided it all together for about 2 years and when I did have wheat it was only very occasionally like a peanut butter cookie. But if I do overeat carbs my body lets me know it I bloat even more and have a very large amount of water retention. My Dr thought I was allergic to wheat and dairy they tested me for everything but all was fine. I avoid sugar as well. I do feel a bit better now that I eat very small portions but I am just not sure if it is enough to call a complete serving. I am starting to think that mabie all the veggies are doing this to me??? ever experienced this.?

Old 10-16-2005, 07:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cad2
I avoided it all together for about 2 years and when I did have wheat it was only very occasionally like a peanut butter cookie. But if I do overeat carbs my body lets me know it I bloat even more and have a very large amount of water retention. My Dr thought I was allergic to wheat and dairy they tested me for everything but all was fine. I avoid sugar as well. I do feel a bit better now that I eat very small portions but I am just not sure if it is enough to call a complete serving. I am starting to think that mabie all the veggies are doing this to me??? ever experienced this.?
I don't know cad, I tend to get bloated too sometimes and maybe a little bloating is normal sometimes.

Old 10-16-2005, 09:01 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

these are signs of gluten intolarents

Old 10-16-2005, 02:37 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User

I try not to eat any wheat products that often and I do notice if I eat too many I feel bloated. But it is not a normal bloat it feels like my body is swollen even under my chin and feels like it burns, sound like an allergy doesn't it but I have been tested for everything and all is fine just lactose intolerant so I avoid milk products. Any advice

Old 10-16-2005, 07:43 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

normally lactose and, gluten go together.. you shouldnt be eating it if it causes inflamation.

Old 10-17-2005, 04:40 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User

Thank you so much I am looking into this now, never knew. Are there specfic test that they can do for this? Or is elimination the best answer?

Old 10-17-2005, 04:51 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

test are not always that way, ilimination is the better way to do it.

Old 12-29-2005, 01:12 PM   #10
(female)

hibes HB User

you could have an acid tummy, look up heart burn and acid stomachs, you will be surprised that it is so easy to get rid of, i had the same symtoms as you , now i am ok
good luck

Old 12-30-2005, 05:28 AM   #11
Inactive

peregrine HB User

Eating a lot of carbs can cause bloating. When I started reducing carbs (many years ago) the bloating went away completely. Whenever I overindulge I bloat up again. Of course we need fruits and vegetables but you said you eat a lot of fruit; thus, a lot of carbs. There are certain fruits and vegies without the high carb content. Just a suggestion, you might try and see if it solves your problem. You can also substitute more protein for the carbs you were eating.

Closed Thread