It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nutritional Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2006, 01:43 AM   #1
(female)

laurlaur897 HB User
can't stop eating

I don't know what is wrong with me. For the past couple of years, I have been bingeing a lot. I'd say I binge about every other day and at some points it has been everyday. It makes me feel horrible and actually uncomfortable. I really have no idea why I do it. I've told my roommates how I feel but they don't take me seriously. I am on the thin side but I am eating a lot. I have gained about five pounds since I started bingeing. While it's not a lot, I'm scared that I will continue to gain slowly and then I'll be big without even really noticing. So should I try to figure out what is wrong with me or does this sound like it's not a problem? I do try to control what I eat but at night I can't stop myself. I eat past the point of feeling sick and it makes me feel ashamed and gross.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2006, 05:54 AM   #2
(female)

rainbow7 HB User
Re: can't stop eating

Hi,
Do you feel thirsty all the time as well?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2006, 06:12 PM   #3
(female)

laurlaur897 HB User

I am thirsty a lot so I drink a lot of water. I always carry a water bottle with me wherever I go. But I don't think is a change because I drank a lot of water before this all started.

Old 01-09-2006, 08:30 PM   #4
(female)

nisam78 HB User

I eat all the time too. Why did you ask about the water. I am EXTREMELY thirsty all the time. ANd I crave salt. I will make popcorn just so I can pour seasoned salt all over it.

Old 01-11-2006, 01:25 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

millpark26 HB User

What do you eat 'normally' and what do you binge on? Perhaps, your body isn't being satisfied by what you eat thoughout the day which results in the binge behavior?

Old 01-13-2006, 02:38 PM   #6
(female)

laurlaur897 HB User

Throughout the day I eat normal things like cereal for breakfast and a sandwich or bagel for lunch. I'll also eat fruit and sometimes candy. At night, I'll have dinner which is usually pretty healthy but after dinner i'll eat tons of candy and chocolate and basically anything that can be eaten out of package and doesn't need to be cooked. I eat a lot of cheese, bread, snack food like wheat thins. yeah, I basically just eat a lot of junk food and can't stop. I sometimes try to make myself eat something healthly like fruit but I always give into the temptation of junk food.

Closed Thread