It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nutritional Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2006, 08:32 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smartpants HB User
No fruits, vegetables, dairy, etc.

I'm looking to find out what exactly can go wrong if one doesnt eat fruit, vegetables, dairy, etc. I mean, I may have the occasional bit of cheese or icecream and a glass of orange juice, but I definitely dont eat the recommended portions. My diet consists of entirely processed foods - chicken fingers, fast food, pasta, etc. I'm 26 and have eaten this way for as long as I remember, what are the possible consequences?

Old 02-15-2006, 01:00 PM   #2
(female)

k8ty HB User
Re: No fruits, vegetables, dairy, etc.

Umm, well there are quite a few things that can go wrong. My first concern isn't what you aren't getting, it is what you are eating, processed foods? fast food? complex carbs? You could be eating such delicious, healthy food instead!

I don't think you're missing out on anything from the lack of dairy, besides perhaps calcium which can be gotten elsewhere. And fruits, eh, I don't eat many because they contain fructose to which I am partial. But veggies, ahh, veggies! This is where you (should) get your vitamins, minerals, fiber. Now, vitamins and minerals, you've heard what they do for you, you see them listed on the cereal box, but we don't really know what they are, and I agree...to some extent. But I do know that, being human and omnivorous, eating plants is how our body was designed. Yes it's also designed to eat animal so please, eat your chicken and burger, but buy your own cuts. They put so many fillers, junk, trans-fats, etc... in processed foods, so many that you don't even know what you're putting inside you.

My advice: before you eat your next fast-food meal, go to their webside (McD's, BK, wherever) and look up the nutritional info for whatever you would usually get. Look at the ingredients, and if you're not sure what one of them is, google it.

I'm sure that after reading a few articles on preservatives, fillers, and nitrates, you'll be begging for some fruits and veggies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2006, 01:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

MaxOT26 HB User

Hey, there is a movie called "Supersize Me" I highly recommend you watch it!! Your diet is soooooo important to your health and wellbeing. You would be a wise women to change it!

Old 02-17-2006, 12:26 PM   #4
(female)

HeyKD HB User

I can't remember when the last time I had a McDonalds hamburger. Ugh! and I haven't had soda either.

Fruits and vegatables are natural anti-oxidents for your body that help in preventing diseases and unnatural aging. I'm not that much of a health nut really, but I consume dairy as well as other unprocessed proteins. Protein are building blocks and assist in skin healing and function.

My latest kick now is organic. Not so much organic fruits and veggies because testing has shown that these products do not contain pesticide and growth hormone residue like meat and dairy. So now I'm always on the look out for organic meat and dairy.

I'm also looking at labels for products that do not contain soy!

Old 02-18-2006, 04:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

MaxOT26 HB User

Hey where have you seen the test on fruits and veggies? I would love to check that out! I eat all organic fruits and veggies, I cannot find organic meat anywhere though.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:00 AM   #6
(female)

Vixen541 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyKD
I can't remember when the last time I had a McDonalds hamburger. Ugh! and I haven't had soda either.

Fruits and vegatables are natural anti-oxidents for your body that help in preventing diseases and unnatural aging. I'm not that much of a health nut really, but I consume dairy as well as other unprocessed proteins. Protein are building blocks and assist in skin healing and function.

My latest kick now is organic. Not so much organic fruits and veggies because testing has shown that these products do not contain pesticide and growth hormone residue like meat and dairy. So now I'm always on the look out for organic meat and dairy.

I'm also looking at labels for products that do not contain soy!
why? isn't soy protein good for you

Closed Thread