It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nutritional Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2006, 10:30 PM   #1
Inactive

kevinnader HB User
Finding help online? i need it so bad...

Is there any way I can find a nutritionist online to ask questions too? I feel that if I went to my doc about my multiple health issues,that he'd just subscribe drugs. Of course drugs would cause other probs down the road.

I feel like I have some major disorder or disease. My whole body has not felt normal since 2003. I am so honest. I started working for mcdonalds in june 2003 and quit may 2005. I am thinking that eating all that food might have weakened my bodys immune system.

I was diagnosed with IBS back in 2004. When I quit mcdonalds a lot of my stomach probs disappeared. However,I still get discomfort a lot still. At night or in morning mostly. Lots of digestive problems still.

Here is the most annoying of all. Moving feelings in my body from my feet to my head. These feelings are just everywhere in my body and in my nervous system. It seems like they are tingly and moving. It is so hard to explain. I also get a weakness with it in my whole body. If I am sitting down on a couch and change positions,I get this heavy feeling in my chest and my head. This is all I can remember for now,there is much more.

Allergies and sinuses. I am congested every morning when I wake up and basically all day. I have tried a lot of allergy pills and sinus pills. Nothing really works. I have sinus pressure every day. I work in walmart as a cashier and it seems to be worse there. I am there 39 hours a week so.

TMJ. Where do I start with this? I am trying to eat softer stuff. The pain is so bad at times in the back of my head and in my face. I also have pain in my neck and cheeks.

Wow. Hm,is that all of it? Probably not,because theres so much more other **** I cant even describe that I experience. I feel so hopeless. I feel like I can't get help and that my parents dont believe how bad it is. Sometimes I am very miserable for 2 or 3 days straight or a week or two. Actually,the summer of 2004 was better then last summer. My sinuses were better in 2004,but my stomach probs were worse then in 2005. So,different months have been worse in different ways. The last 7 months have been VERY bad though. Mostly because of my TMJ and sinuses. The feelings in my nervous system and body is the one thing that never changes. It has been EVERY day since the fall of 2003 when all my crap started.

I wish I could get help. Its been over 2 years and I cant take all this **** every week and every day anymore. I HATE GOD!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2006, 02:22 PM   #2
(female)

Sonflower1116 HB User
Re: Finding help online? i need it so bad...

Have you considered going to a Naturopath? My doctor's answer to mulitple food intolerances was to write a prescription for Zyrtec. That eliminated the hives but did not get to the root of the problem. The Naturopath I found suggested we boost my immune system with natural supplements. After only 3 months I was able to eat some foods I had not been able to eat in years. Most Naturopaths are also Chiropractic doctors so that is probably where you'll find one. Ask around to find someone who is highly recommended. A Pastor/friend sent me to the one he was going to. The thing I liked most was no dangerous/expensive drugs.

I can't stay in Wal Mart very long, much less work there, since they started renting space to the Nail Care centers. The fumes from there always give me a severe headache, frailed nerves and all-around terrible feeling. I usually rush through the store to get what I need and get out of there. Fortunately, our local Wal Mart is a smaller one and doesn't have a Nail Care center in it, but unfortunately, they don't sell groceries or carry as much merchandise as the Supercenters do.

BTW, the Naturopath told me to take Standard Process "Astragalus" to improve my immune system, three other supplements to support my liver, adrenal glands and colon (I was already taking uni Key Health's "Liver-Lovin' Formula, Adrenal Formula and Super GI Cleanse), a good quality multi-vitamin and Black Currant Seed Oil, along with fresh ground, toasted flasseeds, daily. During the flu season I took Thymex instead of a flu shot. It supports the thymus gland. I only had to take most of these supplements for about 3 months. I still take the multi-vitamin, BCSO, and flaxseeds.

For years, I ate a poor diet, including frequent visits to McDonalds, and when I reached my mid-forties I began to have serious health problems. I began to make lifestyle changes and got on a healthy lifetime diet (The Fat Flush Plan by Ann Louise Gittleman) and I feel better than I have in years.

I don't understand why you hate God, He's the only One who will listen and be there for you. Ask Him for guidance and wisdom. He's always there for me and I know He loves me more than anyone in this world.

And, you have a multitude of readers here to help guide you on the right path and give you support. You are not alone.

Again, seriously consider finding a Naturopath if you can't find a Nutritionist.

Old 03-06-2006, 12:03 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

notpain HB User

your health is you responsibility. start with nv perricones books. search online and start reading. nercola.com is a good starting place as well. if it comes frozen in a box don't eat it. don't drink soda. keep a diary of what you eat and how those make you feel. for many dairy products don't work, for others it's wheat. time ton read up.

Old 03-29-2006, 08:18 AM   #4
(female)

nikib5 HB User

I've had great success with using a neti pot to irrigate my sinuses (there are other devices out there that work similarly). I was constantly taking sinus medicines and since I started irrigating in Dec., I haven't taken anything and I'm all clear.

I also have IBS and GERD. Our systems just don't work as well as other people's and we need to figure out what we can eat. With all these digestive problems we read about these days, I think we're just victims of our times, with all the processed food, stress, and trying to cram a lot into our days. Some do well, others can't. I've lowered my carb intake and it's done miracles for my digestive system. You have to find what works for you.

I also recommend doing research. Sometimes you have to sort through a lot of stuff, but there is a lot of good there too.

Old 03-31-2006, 01:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User

Kev,

HealthBoards has a Research Help Board that might be able to give you a few leads.

Best wishes.

Closed Thread