It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nutritional Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2006, 04:45 AM   #1
(male)

dorvad HB User
Help please B12 defficiency and its effect on your life

Although I live in Australia, I was born and brought up in Scotland.

I was diagnosed with Subacute Combined Degeneration of the Spinal Cord when admitted to hospital in Oct 2004, this was caused by a severe B12 deficiency that was not picked up for about 10 yrs, cause unknown after a miriad of tests.

I was then put on Monthly injections , this was then changed to fortnightly injections after consultation with my neurologist

I believe that as this condition progresses you can suffer from Spastic Paraplegia as I now am.

Questions

Do any of you have the following symptoms.

Getting int the car, Bottom on seat 1 leg in and 1 outside that just wont move for a period of time.

When you lie down at night time do you lose the ability to move your legs for a period of time

Do you have instances when even when you are out walking you stop and then cant move your legs for a period of time

Sitting down for say about 1/2 an hour and then when you try to get up your legs wont support you, infact at times I need 2 people to support me to get up.

My Neurologist says that there is nothing else he can do to assist me, please if in doubt about your B12 levels shout and shout loud untill some one pays attention.

Closed Thread