It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nutritional Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2007, 02:43 PM   #1
(male)

wdiguy HB User
Is this Celiac?

Here are my symptoms:

-Constant fatigue/ exhaustion
-diarreha and constipation rotates
-slurred speech, can speak good anymore, use wrong words and just cant complete sentences. feels like i cant move my mouth right

-depression that comes and goes throughout the day
-leg aches in the calves
-when i eat something i get a rush to my head like i need energy there. it gives me just a few seconds of relief from the fatigue. then fatigue gets worse.
- obsessive compulsive (not to bad but comes and goes)
- unrefreshed sleep, achey when i get up
- memory is bad
- concentration is bad
- lost all my interest in everything
- nose twitches comes and goes ( used to be my eye lids)
- rapid hair loss/ thinning, falls out really easy (on propecia and wont stop) first sign with fatigue on the onset of problem
- feel like im suffering inside
- heart races after i eat carbs, then fatigue gets worse
- sensitivity to light
- grind teeth alot
- mood changes back and forth throughout the days ( no mania like bipolar )

so far ive been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and being treated and no relief from that. on synthroid t4 and cytomel t3

Going to see a GI doctor next month
-

Old 03-30-2007, 10:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User
Re: Is this Celiac?

wdiguy023,

It sounds like some sort of nutritional deficiency to me. I'm not an expert on nutrition, so I can't suggest what may be lacking. And there are lots of things that can throw off your ability to absorb nutrition, including celiac disease. If you do indeed have celiac disease, your intestines are being damaged by your body's attempts to fend off the gluten in wheat, rye and barley, and thus your intestines are unable to absorb certain nutrients.

You are going to a GI doctor soon. This is good. He can look at your small intestine and see if there is any damage there. He can give you some special antibody tests that will see if you are reacting to gluten. He can also check for other nutritional imbalances.

Even if the tests indicate that you don't have celiac, you may still find that going on a gluten-free diet is helpful. If after a month you don't start feeling better, then there is something else that needs to be treated.

Let us know what your GI doctor suggests. I wish you well in finding out what's wrong.

--Rheanna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2007, 05:28 AM   #3
(male)

wdiguy HB User

Thank you so much for your response. I will keep you all posted.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:05 AM   #4
(male)

wdiguy HB User

I just upped my thyroid meds the other day and I got a big lift. The only thing is Ive done that before and it usually wears off in a couple days. Also I was feeling fine in the morning after I had some grits and eggs, but by lunch I went and ate a whopper and fries at burger king and i got moody tired and hearts starts racing a little bit. Is that a clue? It happens all the time but I dont know if its the carbs and sugar trying to deal with the fatigue.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:44 AM   #5
(male)

wdiguy HB User

Just to help people out I got tested and I dont have Celiac incase you have symptoms like mine.

Old 06-05-2007, 04:16 AM   #6
(female)

Myth HB User

those with hypothyroidism can be gluten sensitive without having celiac disease, low carb or gluten free diet can be helpful
have you tried different thyroid meds such as armour? might be worth checking it out as no two people respond the same way to any given medication & it can take a while before you find the right one & the right dose
all the best

Old 06-24-2007, 12:04 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

miyu HB Usermiyu HB User

Yeah I feel very similar. I didnít think you had celiac, because you were missing some main symptoms, but I do wonder what is wrong with you, and what is wrong with myselfÖ and I have nearly all the symptoms you mentioned and a little more such as gas pain, bloating, slow digestion, and problems with going to the washroom, and feeling sick after I eat. I cut back on Gluten, and it hasnít really improved, since I feel these after nearly everything I eat doesnít matter what. I did a search online about malnutrition, and found a lot of those symptoms are like mine, like you can pull a hair out of my head and I donít feel it at all. I got my thyroid checked but it seems to be normal.

Closed Thread