It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nutritional Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2008, 03:00 PM   #1
(female)

ebon_aurora HB User
Another vitamin D thread/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Hey all. For over two years I've been feeling like absolute CRAP. It all began after a very heavy three month long drinking binge. I haven't been the same since. Ever since then I've been diagnosed with PCOS and chronic fatigue syndrome. I was diagnosed with CFS only because my symptoms of fatigue and post-exertional malaise could not be explained except by a high EBV titer.

Well, recently my doctor found that I have a vitamin D deficiency. My level was 18. I've been put on 50,000 IU once a week for a month and then once a month after that forever I guess. I've read that this can be the explanation for diseases like fibromyalgia and CFS. But here is my question...

Can those with a vitamin D deficiency please explain, to the best of your ability, what your fatigue was/is like?

For instance, my fatigue is a burning fatigue. NOT in my muscles but it feels like my blood is made of hot static. Hot and tingly. Its awful. And it gets worse, much worse upon exertion. I haven't been able to exercise for over two years. Its these symptoms in particular along with the elevated ebv titer that landed me a CFS diagnosis. Does anyone else with a d deficiency experience post-exertional symptoms or a fatigue like mine???

Thanks everyone!

Old 04-04-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
(female)

annie54 HB User
Re: Another vitamin D thread/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

I was just diagnosed with a D deficiency with a level of 5. You could have blown me away. I have NO fatigue and except for pains in my knees and legs, I was really surprised since I am functioning pretty well.

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia years ago and felt horrible for 12 years but in 2000 made some changes that seemed to help. I again was surprised to be diagnosed with osteoporosis in 2004 since I was not yet menopausal and had taken calcium.

So I suppose I had a deficiency of D for a while and that is most likely why I developed the osteoporosis. I just took my first 50,000 dose today and take another in a week. Supposedly I am supposed to do this for 3 months and be re-tested. Here I was staying out of the sun to protect one thing and instead I get another. Go figure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread