It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nutritional Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2008, 06:42 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User
How long does caffeine stay in your system?

If you are proned to PVC (or some other form of caffeine induced troubles), due to caffeine, . . . after injesting it, how long does it take for before the body has gotten rid of it?

Thanks!

Old 08-29-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: How long does caffeine stay in your system?

Depends on your body, what's in your system already but generally it's about 6 hours.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2008, 11:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

don444 HB Userdon444 HB User

I looked at my blood pressure as it was effected by caffeine. After drinking an eight ounce cup of regular coffee my BP went increased by 20/10 and remained there for about an hours. I drank a sixteen ounce regular Coke and my BP increased by 30/20 and remained there for six hours.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User

So, overall, caffeine will exit the body after about 6 hours, along with the effect it causes?

FWIW, I don't drink coffee or soda that has caffeine in it. Just the occasional piece of chocolate.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:16 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

don444 HB Userdon444 HB User

You many have an intolerance to chocolate. I have a similar reaction to chocolate where I get stomach spasms that feel like PVC's. My BP and HR will go up too after eating the sweet delight. You may be able to prove this to yourself by eating a small quanity of cheap chocolate and noting the reaction and then eating a much higher quality chocolate, (one with a very high cocoa rating 70% or so). I found I could eat small quanities of cheap chocolate but reacted immediately to higher quality chocolate.
This is just a suggestion but if you are really having severe problems I would recommend just staying away from chocolate all together. I miss it, but I am not willing to endure the spasms.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:30 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User

My PVCs are probably stress related. I don't normally eat chocolate, and in the past, hadn't had anything with caffeine in it since the early 1990's, but have recently started a little here and there. It hasn't affected me in any way from how I normally am. I just won't go near coffee or soda that has added in caffeine, ever!

Closed Thread