It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nutritional Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

mmee HB User
Vitamin D deficiency continued and related problems

<ref: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=613240>

I am starting a new thread from the Vitamin D deficiency and symptoms thread. Does anyone have this and problems relating to this?
Thanks,
mmee

Last edited by mod-anon; 09-10-2008 at 11:55 PM. Reason: adding url reference to previous thread

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2008, 01:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User
Re: Vitamin D deficiency continued and related problems

Hi Mmee....did you get your scan with Dr Norman?Is that who you are having surgery with?

I forgot to ask you,but do you have tenderness in your spine? My spine (where my bra strap hits) has been so tender.

I am anxious to get my calcium and PT test this Friday.

I think somewhat low d can be common with PT issues? Or wouldnt calcium show in our urine?

I wish I knew whether my full body bone scan would have shown density.....I assume those with PT issues have density problems hence the pain? Or do you think the pain issue is just the calcium taken from the bone.

Also I wonder if PT issues get worse as it goes undiagnosed. I know I started feeling tired and dizzy about a month before the pain, and then the muscle twitches (which is new)just started happening a few wks back.

Wouldnt something be off with our kidney if it was PT issue?

I dont know about you but I feel like this is taking over my life, just want to know exactly what is wrong but I guess we are both getting closer!

Last edited by k2626; 09-10-2008 at 01:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Hey Mmee--I pulled labs from my other drs and noticed my TSH is all over the place.

Is it normal for the TSH to flucuate?

11/06 4.84
3/08 3.26
7/08 2.83

My other results are at home.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mmee HB User

k2626,
That is interesting about your tsh labs. Do you feel more hyper or hypo? Your labs look more hypo. What is interesting is, my labs look more hyper until my calcium goes up, then my tsh goes up too. I looked back on my labs and saw that. And mine are jumping around quite a bit like yours are too.
In rare cases, hyperthyroid can cause your calcium to rise. But everytime my calcium spikes up, my tsh goes up, so it does not look like hyperthyroid, at least to me.

I have terrible pain in my spine and tenderness. My doctor ordered the mri last year because of that. It showed somethings, but I am pretty sure that mri's do not show bone loss unless it is an unbelievable amount of bone loss. No one ever said anything to me about bone loss. But when I had the bone scan done through lifeline it showed it. I am almost certain that the scan you had done would not have showed the bone loss.

There is a condition with the hyperparathyroid called normocalcemia too. You may want to look that up. I have been reading alot about that. It is when your calcium appears normal on tests, but you do have the disease.

The kidney would be filtering alot of calcium if you had hyperparathyroid, but it would not show up on the blood tests until a lot later. My creatine is acutally below range all of the time.

I know what you mean, this has completely taken over my life. My life is so changed, I am not able to do all that I could before. I hope that we can get our lives back again.

I can't wait to hear the results of your tests.

mmee

Old 09-10-2008, 08:45 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Hmmm so did your dr say flucuating TSH is not normal?

Still paranoid it has to do with my skin cancer which I had removed yesterday> I ran into a guy at the gym today that told me like 5 times it CAN met to other areas, though my drs said it cant. Now I am on that trip again!

What is your spine pain like?I can get really DEEP stabs, luckily not often> However, where my bra stap hits is SO tender, like its bruised? Does yours feel the same? Swear we have the same thing

Last edited by k2626; 09-10-2008 at 08:46 PM.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:52 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

mmee HB User

k2626,
I was told all along that my tsh was normal by several different doctors including the endocrinologist.
But when I had the uptake scan and the ultrasound of the neck and couple that with the fluctuating tsh, I was told that I had thyroiditis.

My grandmother had melanoma that actually leaked in her face and began to run. She had it taken off and she is fine now. I hope that that eases your mind. I know how scarey it all can be. But my grandmother is doing well with the cancer and she is cancer free now ever since she had it taken off.

My spine pain ranges from stabbing, to dull aches and then at other times it is just solid pain that I can bearily take at times. It is really all over the place.

Is today the day that you are getting your tests? Keep me posted with that.

mmee

Old 09-12-2008, 01:03 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Ugh bad day so far--never know if it will be good or bad. My muscles are twitching EVERYWHERE. My left sided stomach cramp has really been bothering me too.

Dr called yesterday to tell me my PT was fine. Ugh. I have an appt with him today-again. Thankfully he is as concerned as I am.

I am starting to think-maybe fibro if all my tests keep coming back? I dont know I am willing to take any dx as long as I can recover! I can say I am starting to have bad anxiety which I am sure is not helping matters.

Think I may ask for that thryroid scan.....

Oh, should have lyme results today, Mon by latest.

BTW what was the name of the candida test you took?

Old 09-12-2008, 02:03 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

mmee HB User

k2626,

What were your calcium and pth numbers? Because there is a thing with pth called 'inappropriately normal', with high calcium and inappropriately normal pth.

Let me know about your lymes test too. I had 3 of them.

I took a candida albicans test. I also did a stool sample test for candida too.

Let me know if you hear anything.

mmee

Old 09-12-2008, 02:30 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Okay back from dr. I have scoliosis of lower back and arthritis in back-maybe that is the cause for some of my back pain, but not the rest of my issues.

He is focusing on my thyroid now per my request. I will be doing labs for Anti thryoperoxidase, and anti thryoglobulin. He is also running another TSH to see where it falls. My PT was 50-totally normal, and Calcium Oonized serumw as 4.8-normal as well. Sigh.

Lyme from IG wont be in till next week now. Grrrrrr..

Old 09-13-2008, 05:45 AM   #10
(female)

tinabean34 HB User

Sorry you are frustrated. I know how you feel. Wait to see what the other test comes back. There is more that can be tested??? You have the lower back pain, what else is going on and you have probably told me so forgive me but I am memory deficient. What about Lupus, MS?

Did you have a scan of your neck done? With contrast? They are sending me for that next, the ENT looked down your throat with that long tube. He said everything was very swollen and inflammed but he couldn't see far down enough to rule out the glands so he is sending me for the CT scan. My calcium was 10.2, PTH was low, ummm can't remember of the top of my head. 45 or something. Still in normal range.

Don't rule anything out at this point. You can always have them retest things in a couple months. Sometimes things don't show up on one test.

Last edited by tinabean34; 09-13-2008 at 05:49 AM.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:51 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

mmee HB User

k2626,
Keep me posted on how you are making out with your tests. I have spondylthesis of the lumbar spine and also spondylosis.

tinabean34,
They are sening me for an endoscopy too in November. Keep me posted with your results.

Missy

Old 09-13-2008, 12:19 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

I have been tested for lupus the whole nine yars, an mri bone scan-nothing showing. Cant help but worry about ALS!

Will keep you posted

Old 09-14-2008, 08:47 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

mmee HB User

k2626,
Hi,
What is ALS? I have heard of it before, but I really do not know what it is.
Thanks,
mmee

Old 09-14-2008, 11:54 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Its a neuro disease and the life expect is 5 yrs at best. Basically it causes muscle twitching, pain, weakness etc..... Check out the ALS board. Scary stuff so I want to be ruled out for this pronto!

Old 09-14-2008, 12:16 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

mmee HB User

Thanks for letting me know that. I will check that out.
mmee

Closed Thread