It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nutritional Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2008, 10:32 AM   #1
(female)

amoates HB User
What Are Some Of The Symtoms Of Vitamin D Defeincy

What Are Some Of The Symtoms Of Vitamin D Defeincy

Old 10-22-2008, 02:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
Re: What Are Some Of The Symtoms Of Vitamin D Defeincy

I dont know what the precise symptoms would be. You can look that up on the net. I also had a lot of other things going on besides the very low Vit D so i'm not sure what symptoms were linked to what health issue.

Often people with low Vit D have other things going on and the low Vit D might just be a symtom of that other health condition you are suffering.

I had problems digesting protein so that could be why i was low in vitamin D. I am also a bit on the gluten intolerant side and those people with gluten intolerance or Celiacs tend to be low in vitamin D, among other things.

I was found to have an autoimmune thyroid disease called Hashimoto's. People with this often have low vitamin D and low Ferretin (iron storage).

The gluten intolerance is also an autoimmune disease.

The moment my doctor saw my Vit D was low he got me onto Vit D oil drops which i simply drop onto my tongue. This worked out cheaper and easier than swallowing 5 or more capsules. He said adequate vitamin D daily is necessary so as not to get an autoimmune disease later in life. I had only ever heard of MS being an auto immune disease and later learnt there are many other illnesses which belong in the autoimmune family and once you get one it's easier to possibly get others.

Daily intake of Vit D is also necessary to absorb calcium. This is likely the reason why a lot of people with low D might suffer with osteo/arthritis type pains in their bones/joints.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
(male)

jttn90 HB User
Re: What Are Some Of The Symtoms Of Vitamin D Defeincy

I'm not sure about the exact symptoms of vit D deficiency but some time ago when I did a blood test, my doctor said I was low in vit D and that I should go out in the sun more. It seems to me that you look more pasty with less vit D.

Reply Reply