It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nutritional Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2009, 09:41 PM   #1
(female)

tak HB User
Eating disorder, health, and cravings ?

After a traumatic event, my diet changed. (I had stomach pain and insomnia, so it's not like I chose to change my diet.. it just kind of happened) and now it's been a while, and I'm really not feeling well and almost certain it's because of my diet. The problem is, I always slip back into it. I cut my portions down to absurdly tiny amounts, I fast, and I eat mainly milk products BECAUSE:

1. I crave milk products. Icy drinks that are milky (not fattening though), froyo, skim milk, ice cream, gellato, you name it. I'll crave them at least 100 times a day, and even though I craved them 100+ times I did make sure not to give in, in case the milk products were CAUSING my health problems, but there wasn't a noticeable difference. In fact, I seem to feel better when I give into them, but it worries me because come every single meal of the day, my body wants to choose the milk product and never solid food.

2. Many solid foods make my stomach hurt. Also, I get uncomfortable after eating normal amounts (especially of regular food) (for example, I would not be able to finish a small salad, and out of every place that sells sandwiches, the place that sells the smallest ones? Their smallest one would practically kill me if someone told me to eat it. I wasn't like this before the traumatic event).

3. The thing that seems to help my insomnia best is literally starving myself. I counted the hours, and if I don't eat for 20 hours, that's when I sleep best and my stomach bothers me the least.

I don't know what to do. When I try to go back to a normal diet I feel much worse, BUT I feel sick very often as it is. I'm only 20 years old and I've always been very healthy (exercise regularly, very rarely drink and when I do it's small amounts, limit my caffeine consumption, don't drink soda or juice or much sugar besides the milk products as of late) except that I'm underweight and now more underweight than I used to be. That's another slight problem is I'm afraid to gain weight even though I'm under, because I have low self-esteem and I hate my proportions and for some reason look awful at an even close to normal weight even though I work out a lot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2010, 01:49 AM   #2
(female)

pebbles224 HB User
Re: Eating disorder, health, and cravings ?

I have this same problem. Not sure what the traumatic event was but I do know that when I'm stressed about things I can't control my digestion slows down....almost to a screaching hault. I go from about 3-4 meals a day to 1-barley 2. I begin to sleep more, not rally want to get up even when I do set my alarm. I enjoy and usually look forward to my morning jogs and exercise about x2 a day. Lately, after another stressful event- uncontrollable except how i react- has struck me again. First, lost appetite then about week or so got it back but only for dairy or the occasional oatmeal- but thats all I had at the house. I was eating more yogert and actually ice cream, which haven't done in years. It was weird. I've been through it before and think when your stressed body slows digestion, for "us". I have to accept that. I've gone the whole day, working out x2 and only eating once. I just had a bloaty full feeling- stomach doesnt empty as quickly as others, and when I ate anyway I felt horrible. So I eat 3 meals and it does decrease when I get to that insomnia stage. Hunger allows body digest without it being overintoxicated with food.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:59 AM   #3
(female)

Plops HB User
Re: Eating disorder, health, and cravings ?

This is not too healthy for your body. To starve yourself is very bad.Belive me it comes from experience i had the same problem but then i went to a doctor , he helped me alot. You should change your diet to healthier foods like friut and veggies. Its good to have firbe foods thats what helps your tummy to work. you should consult your doctor ASAP <edited> x

Last edited by mod-anon; 01-09-2010 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Please read the posting rules

Closed Thread