It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nutritional Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2009, 11:18 PM   #1
(female)

pinkrobot HB User
vitamin d deficiency - amount of vitamin d in multivitamin?

After doing some reading, I'm starting to wonder if I'm among those who have low levels of vitamin D.

But, I'm not sure...I take a multivitamin every day (have been for a couple months now) that has 200% the DV of vitamin D3.

With vitamin D deficiency, I'm assuming what's contained in the multivitamin wouldn't be sufficient?

Old 10-23-2009, 08:42 PM   #2
(female)

yoda1257 HB User
Re: vitamin d deficiency - amount of vitamin d in multivitamin?

First I would have your Dr. check your vitamin d to see if you are deficient. A normal level is 30 or above.

Many vitamins now are increasing the vitamin D, since there has been so many studies about how vitamin D is important for an adequate immune system. From the studies i have read, if you are deficent, most Dr.s will recommend 1,000IUs/day. Some will recommend higher doses than this.

I would check with your Dr. 1st, since vitamin d is a fat soluble vitamin and can accumulate in tissues and has an upper limit of normal, considered safe.

Leea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread