It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nutritional Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
(female)

LUNCHDRIVER HB User
Why can't we eat fruits and vegetables together?

Why we can't eat fruits and vegetables together. I was told you can't mix them. Empty nutrition value.you eat a fruit meal or a veg. Meal. My mother stopped eating tomatoes with veg., cause she found out it was a fruit. I always though it was either or. Like cantolope or watermellon. Can you clear this up for me? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User
Re: Why can't we eat fruits and vegetables together?

LUNCHDRIVER,

I don't know what your mother may have heard, but lots of folks eat fruit and vegetables together at mealtimes with no problems whatsoever. I usually have a banana for dessert after a dinner which includes lots of veggies. My tomato sauce, which includes chopped up fresh tomatoes (called a fruit by botanists but a veggie by cooks) when they are in season, is also chock-a-block full of other chopped up veggies, with more veggies on the side. My husband was practicing his sushi skills last night and one of his yummy sushi varieties was a roll with nori (a sheet of dried seaweed -- a veggie) wrapped around rice with white peaches (a fruit) in the middle.

My husband and I don't have nutritional deficiencies -- except for Vitamin D which we can't get from the sunshine which we don't have any of in this dreary north of Europe, but which has nothing to do with food combinations at dinnertime.

Perhaps someone else can enlighten us as to what the problem is supposed to be?

--Rheanna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2010, 09:09 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

bdrunner79 HB Userbdrunner79 HB Userbdrunner79 HB Userbdrunner79 HB Userbdrunner79 HB User
Re: Why can't we eat fruits and vegetables together?

Wow. I have no idea where she got this. You most certainly can eat fruits and vegetables at the same time. Could you imagine an apple cancelling out a carrot?? Haha.

Closed Thread