It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nutritional Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
(female)

SeekingHope HB User
Question Please help! Do you recognize these symptoms?

Please, can anyone help us? I’m looking for help for my sister … she’s so, so sick, but we just can’t seem to find someone who knows what’s wrong. She’s so tired of going to doctors, and too exhausted to keep looking hit and miss, one test after another coming up inconclusive.

She's normally a very energetic person, fun and full of life. It's so unlike her to be fatigued and apathetic. She’s going downhill steadily … I’m so scared that we’re running out of time. Do you recognize this combination of symptoms? Can you help us?

Here are her current symptoms:

General malaise, feels sick/lousy
Fainting episodes
Dizziness on standing
Sudden episodes (often after eating) of extreme exhaustion … unable to stay awake (blood pressure drop?)
Dark rings under eyes
Migraines (long-term)
Severe intolerance to cold
Cold hands/feet
Weight loss
Arm muscle pain
Muscle weakness
Legs feel “heavy” when walking
Insomnia
Depression
Easily fatigued
Hair loss
Blurred vision
Constipation (long-term)
Urinary retention
Cold sweats
Low blood pressure
Episodes of severe stomach pain after eating (comes and goes)
Light sensitivity (long-term)
Smell sensitivity (long-term)
Recent sore throat, precipitating worsened symptoms
Severe back pain unresponsive to treatment/meds (result of an accident and failed back surgery)

Her symptoms have been gradually worsening over the past year. If you recognize these symptoms or have suggestions, please respond. We desperately need to know what direction to look for help. Thank you so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2011, 03:46 AM   #2
(female)

SeekingHope HB User
Re: Please help! Do you recognize these symptoms?

Thank you, Jen, for those suggestions. I will definitely follow up on them.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:35 AM   #3
(female)

mads12 HB User
Re: Please help! Do you recognize these symptoms?

Most of those symptoms i have and have been diagnosed with ME and just discovered i have an intolerance to wheat, gluten, dairy, refined sugars, whole eggs and a few more. In the first instance get your sister to see her GP who will do all the normal blood tests to rule out anything else. Sounds as though she might have a gut problem too, I am attending a herbalist who has a wealth of information and advice to give, this would also help as GPs dont deal with anything like that. I once was referred to a nutritionalist who told she really couldnt advise as people with ME are all so different, that was the end of that route! Hope this helps and tell her never to give up hope, it is hard because with the type of symptoms you describe you lose your motivation and energy to do anything.x

Closed Thread