It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nutritional Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2011, 01:18 AM   #1
(male)

kenneth444 HB User
B vitamins deficiency from high fluid intake?

Hello,

I was curious if high fluid intake could prone you to B vitamins deficiency due to them being water soluble and unstorable.

For the past 2 years I've been having issues such as glossitis, seborrheic dermatitis, numbness in legs, fatigue, difficulty concentrating, poor short term memory, and mild speech problems. I've talked to my friend's father who is a physician and he said these could be symptoms of vitamin B deficiency. The thing is, I eat good sources of vitamin B all the time. I eat bananas, chicken, eggs, and whole grain bread almost daily. But I do drink a lot of water. I would say around 2-2.5 gallons a day.

So could my high water consumption be flushing the B vitamins out of my body?

Old 07-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
(female)

sterssters HB User
Re: B vitamins deficiency from high fluid intake?

Ask to be tested for MTHFR which is a metabolic deficiency where you cannot process synthetic B vitamins. Many of us have it. Start there. Try to find the natural forms of B's. The methyl forms not the cyano (cyanide derivative) forms. MTHFR can cause hell on the body and many doctors don't take it seriously. Some are now. The World Health Organization is finally recognizing it as a disease in January of 2012. It is serious and world wide. Start putting in your symptoms and MTHFR behind it on search engines. It is more common than you think but hard to get the natural forms of l methyl folates.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread