It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nutritional Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
(female)

dmsr808 HB User
Vitamin D deficiency

I am 20 year old female. I have been struggling with fatigue for as long as i can remember, but it took a turn for the worst two years ago when an inner ear infection had me sick for weeks. For the past two years I have been tired all the time. In May 2011 I had my vitamin d checked, turns out my levels were low. I think 28. So I was prescribed 50,000 IU d2 for 12 weeks. Within a month or so I was feeling 100% better. For the first time in two years I was going out on a daily basis. I finally felt "normal". When the three months had pasted I got my level rechecked. I was at 46. I then started taking 5,000 IU d3 per day. Soon after stopping the RX dose my symptoms started coming back at a rapid pace. I am now back on the 50,000 d2 per week, it has been about 3 weeks since I started back and am not feeling any better. I have become severely depressed. I have a fear that it wont work this time around? Is this fear completely illogical? Has anyone had a similar experience? I should probably add that I struggle with anxiety which was also cured when I was on the vitamin d.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
(female)

Fitness Seeker HB UserFitness Seeker HB User
Re: Vitamin D deficiency

What symptoms did you have? I haev been having fatigue for many yrs. I also had anemia diagnosed abt 5 yrs ago so they blamed the fatigue and windedness/shortness of breath on it as well. Finally i tested for Vit D on the latest blood test and i was positive for Vit D deficiency. Could Vit D deficiency cause severe exhaustion and shrotness of breath w/ onset of physical activity? I get the breath taken out of me when i climb stairs and walk uphill, so I dont bother to do anything more "strenuous" than these activities.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread