It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nutritional Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
(male)

Larryp1962 HB User
Splenda?

Hi Iam a diabetic and I have a good Doctor,but the other day 12/05/2011 I had a bad fall and my Doctor could not see me. so I had to go to the ER, there a Doctor told me that splenda was bad for me and that if I came in with low blood sugar he would give me a shot of splenda to rise the blood sugar he also told me that decaffeinated coffee was not decaffeinated at all it is only 25% decaffeinated same as dite pop and caffe free pop no such thing he says. but since then Iam fine my sugars are back down and I have been useing splenda for over 5 years now and Iam fine. first I think this doctor is not right because he even told me he somkes and will never quit and he said he was on meds for his back that day should you be at work when on meds? 2nd everyone is differant and thinks they are right and everyone else is wrong. 3rd if you use splenda and fell fine then use it if you do not like it or fell bad quit try something else thank you and god bless

Old 12-11-2011, 04:12 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User
Re: Splenda?

Many years ago I used Splenda before I understood what it was. Splenda is actually an artificial sweetener made up primarily of sucralose. It can cause abdominal cramping and bloating, headaches and other symptoms. If you're looking for a "healthy" product this isn't it. If you're glucose intolerant, for whatever reason, and just want to reduce your sugar intake, Splenda would work, but as I said, it has the same unhealthy effects as anything else artificial.

PS: You might also consider finding another doctor! This one sounds a little loopy

Last edited by jenj770; 12-11-2011 at 04:54 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to jenj770 For This Useful Post:
loveandfitness (02-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2011, 04:22 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

captjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB User

I also use splenda instead of sugar as I am insulin resistant, that's what my diabetic nutritionist told me to do so Im fine with it and it doesn't cause me issues.

I just find it hard to believe he would use splenda to raise your blood sugar if it were necessary, that sounds absurd. maybe his pain meds were affecting his brain that day

Old 01-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

bdrunner79 HB Userbdrunner79 HB Userbdrunner79 HB Userbdrunner79 HB Userbdrunner79 HB User

Splenda won't raise your blood glucose level! Is this post for real?? Splenda is chemically different in glucose in that several hydroxy groups are replaced by chlorine groups, thereby unabsorbable by the body. It simply passes out. Considering it cannot absorb into the cell whatsoever, not sure where the side effects would come from.

Closed Thread