It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nutritional Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
(female)

nickay12 HB User
Pantothenic Acid Deficiency

Hello, recently I have had tests done on nutritional levels.

The results were vitamin deficiencies in;

Thiamine
Folate
Pantothenic Acid

I thought perhaps the last one was a mistake since it's rather rare to have a deficiency.
So I supplemented the Thiamine and Folate for a few months.
Alas, I didn't seem to get better.

At this point I was starting to become really suicidal, but I decided to try supplementing with the Pantothenic Acid.

Within a day of taking the pantothenic Acid at doses of 500% of the RDA, I started to get exponentially better, my cognitive performance increased, I became less paranoid and the impending doom feelings subsided. I still have a slight tremor and I'm still hypoglycemic but I hope that these will get better in time.

I guess I'm wondering how is it possible to be deficient in this vitamin? I do have a vegan diet but I don't starve..

Has anyone else ever been deficient in this vitamin and what are the long term effects of being deficient?

(There are not many studies on humans with this deficiency, so research isn't much help.)

Thank you for your help :o)

Old 08-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #2
(female)

Twisted Metal HB UserTwisted Metal HB User
Re: Pantothenic Acid Deficiency

Hey i don't have answers for you but i think it's great you found out some answers and were able to solve them. I want to ask you about the nutrition test is it a blood test? what kind of doctor did it? what do they test for? i'm asking because i have lots of health and cognitive and memory and physical problems show up in the past 2 years and i am 24 and have had a really bad diet all m life basically i was either starving from an eating disorder or eating candy cake junk food. I dont think its scientifically possible for me to not be deficient in some vitamins.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply