It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nutritional Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
(female)

underrdog HB User
Anyone, anyone??

Hey all,
I have never posted on a board like this, but like others I'm at my wits end! For about 4 years now I have felt awful. Tired all the time, extremely foggy head, blurry vision, etc. etc. I have had numerous blood tests to test for things like anemia and my thyroid but of course everything has come back "normal". Like others, they always suggest to get on an antidepressant. I get plenty of sleep, 8-10 hours a night, but I'm still tired! I picked up copies of my latest blood work, which was a while back, but noticed a couple of things that were high. My folate serum level and my MCH. My B12 level was high though at 880. After doing some research online I read that both could possibly be a indication of a B12 deficiency, and a high folate level could mask a B12 deficiency. I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or advice! I'm just ready to feel good again and searching for answers! Thanks!

Folate Serum- 23.5
MCH- 33.7
B12- 880

Last edited by underrdog; 12-11-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Anyone, anyone??

Greetings underrdog! Some sunshine might help with depression. Tireness and fogginess are sometimes caused by Candida Albicans after taking an antibiotic. A naturopathic health professional might test for this. An opthamologist might be seen for the blurry vision if desired. General health measures might improve health.
These might be proper nutrition, walking, water, fresh air in the home as well as outside, and avoidance of things that bother health such as alcohol, chemical additives in food, drugs, tobacco, vinegar, cheese, meat, plastics, food packaging to the extent possible etc. Of course everyone makes their own health care decisions in life. Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 02-26-2013 at 03:57 PM. Reason: disclaimer added

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2013, 05:02 AM   #3
(female)

Linnea HB User
Re: Anyone, anyone??

I have B-12 deficiency, and never felt abnormally tired prior to diagnosis..but I did notice that my blood looked different when I got cut. My blood looked like a bit of red streaks floating around in a clear fluid. That is how I was diagnosed. Now, I might not have thought about being tired during the day since I had only just been diagnosed with low thyroid just the year prior (talk about TIRED). About two years ago I did experience extreme tiredness again, and thought it was my thyroid acting up. My thyroid tested within the normal limits, so my doctor sent me for testing at a sleep lab...sure enough, I have sleep apnea. Got a C-PAP machine, and it took several weeks, but the extreme tiredness during the day went away. Some symptoms of sleep apnea are: extreme tiredness during wakeing hours, insomnia (that's your brain trying to stay alive!), snoring, gasping for air during sleep, and morning headaches... Good luck on your quest for answers to you problem!

Old 07-24-2013, 03:27 AM   #4
(female)

RainbowBridge HB User
Talking Re: Anyone, anyone??

You should read up on Magnesium. You will be very surprised to learn many of us do not get enough of it and this will cause us to be tired, depressed, anxious and so on...I was having irregular heartbeats and started eating more magnesium and soaking in Epsom salts (which is basically magnesium) my irregular heartbeats have stopped.
The book I recommend is The Miracle of Magnesium.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:39 AM   #5
(female)

brokenweed HB User
Re: B12 Deficiency, advice greatly appreciated!

Make sure your iron and D levels are okay. If you are over 45 you could be starting perimenopause which means a drop in hormone levels that could lead to those symptoms. If your B12 level is 880 that is not the problem.

Reply Reply

Tags
b12 deficiency, folate, mch