It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2004, 04:13 PM   #1

channing28270 HB User
Trouble Loseing weignt / Feel Bad Being overweight

I am haveing trouble loseing weight. I have Hypothyroidism. I have Autism. I do not have a very active lifestyle. I feel bad being over weight because of the fact I cannot fit in Rollercoasters at ammusement parks, I am haveing trouble finding clothes my size etc...

Last edited by moderator2; 03-24-2004 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Please carefully read, know and follow the Healthboards.com Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at the top left of this page. Thank you!

Old 03-26-2004, 11:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User
Re: Trouble Loseing weignt / Feel Bad Being overweight

Hi channing, take small steps - literally. Walking is free and you can do it anywhere - even within your home. Just walk around the house whenever you feel bored and you think you're going to eat something. Don't have a lot of junk in your house. Fill up on fiber type foods/cereals. Eat lots of fruit and vegetables and take a multivitamin. All of these things will help lift your spirits and eventually you should see some weight loss. It took me years to finally do something so simple and I'm finally seeing some weight loss - about 7 lbs so far. I'm done trying to do it with diet pills, once you stop you'll probably gain it back anyways. The pills affected my psyche as well and sometimes physically (dizzy, lightheaded).

You have a lot to deal with health-wise. Increasing your energy will eventually pay off in more than just weight issues. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2004, 06:54 PM   #3

janefisher2004 HB User

Hi,
Have you get treated with hypothyroidism? Try to push your self a little bit. as the previous message mentioned, you don't have to be outdoor. you can go up and down stairs at your home, running at your backyard.... a lot can be down at home. Try to see the doctor and get treated first. We will be here for you!

Old 04-04-2004, 05:01 AM   #4

shoppingqueen HB User

channing, have you thought about hypnotherapy? Because being over weight is when the food you eat is much more than your body needs. And the reason I think most people eat more than they need is because it fills an emotional void, & then it becomes an ingrained habit.
Hypnotherapy (provided you actually DO want to lose the weight. For various complex reasons some people dont, they have a different emotional investment in staying overweight) will tackle the emotional causes of your problem.
Re your autism etc, I dont know what your diets like, but Im guessing its full of trans fats, sugar & salt. None of which help concentration, mood, or will power.
Its pretty difficult to get fat on natural foods, but if thats too hard for you at the moment perhaps you could try fish oil supplements? About 3000mg a day should make a difference. There has been so much research done on the way 'bad' foods (in particular trans fats, the hydrogenated fat found in virtually every bakery good) affect our mental function. Fish oils have been PROVEN to dramatically affect mental conditions which were assumed to be treatable only with drugs.
Of course no ones exactly shouting it from the rooftops because it costs the drug companies millions when people realise that they dont HAVE to medicate everey little thing..
But go to a hypnotherapist for your weight. Willpower hardly ever works, you need to retrain your brain to WANT to eat healthy, normal quatities of the right food, instead of trying to go against what you want every day of the week.

Old 04-11-2004, 06:33 PM   #5

julia61567 HB User

Hi,
I don't know much about the conditions you mentioned, but I do know how you feel means alot.
I am a stay at home mom, and a lot of days I don't get much action. As you can imagine I too am overweight. I don't really suggest taking pills as most of them don't work, or once you quit taking them the weight comes right back on.
It really is about changes, but a certian change that might make you friend thin might not do the same for you, every body is different and needs different things.
Awhile back I started eating a grapefruit everyday, not for weight loss. My family believes that eating one every morning will keep you healthy. I figured they have all lived passed 80 maybe I should start.
I like grapefruit, but with sugar. So, everyday I ate a grapefruit with sugar. Probably a TBS of it to be honest. The next thing I knew, I had lost 10 pounds in 1 month.
After I did some herbal research I found that I had a heat/internal damp condition.
One of the foods that helps to clear the problem is grapefruit.
Maybe you should look into getting this book The Herbs of Life by Leslie Tierra, L. Ac., Herbalist.
This is a great book as it has self tests to find your condition and what you should do about it.
I was definately feeling better..enough to not notice I lost 10 pounds!
I am still looking into other herbal thing to help and be healthy, am willing to share new findings if interested.

Closed Thread