It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2004, 10:07 PM   #1
(male)

alexthegreat HB User
solution for weight loss

I understand that some of you guys have tried everything to lose weight and it hasn't worked and have tried every solution. So why should my solution be any different? Because IT DOES WORK. YOu guys have to realize that IT TAKES TIME and HARD WORK, if you don't like any of that then leave this thread NOW. Everything in life takes work and dedication. The only thing that is guaranteed to work is EXERCISE and DIET. Yes, old fashion. Some of you guys may have done this and failed because you expected to see results in a year and months, which is not the case. Also, diet is really important. You could spend all day in the gym working out but if your diet is bad then your wasting your time! Thats why some people don't succeed. All this atkins,fad diet crap is exactly that.. crap. Because you have to understand that we need carbs,protein,good fats. Those diets may help you lose 15lbs as soon as you don't follow the diet you quickly gain your weight back. With the atkins your even depleting your body of carbs which is not good. Stick to weight training,cardio,and a healthy diet. Some people do lots of cardio then starve their body but not consuming enough calories, which your slowing down your metabolism. Don't think of it like a diet, think of it as a lifestyle. Another thing do your exercises even when you don't even feel like doing them. People exercise then give up when then don't see results in a year or months. It took you a long time to gain the weight, why should it take less time getting the weight off?? Work your a$$ off every workout you have. Also consume enough calories so your metabolism speeds ups and to give you fuel. People, understand that carbs give you energy. Don't eliminate them but don't go overboard. Don't be afraid of eating good fats, like peanut butter, avacado, ect. Eat six meals throughtout the day(small portions is the key) to speed up meatabolism. The portions should be the size of your fist. eat vegetables,fruit. TURN YOUR BACK ON FAST FOOD NOW!!! I HATE when people say "ok Im gonna change my life, and eat right" Then by next week their shoving a burger in their face, how in the hell can you expect to lose weight that way!!!!! Do you know that fast food can actually mess up your liver?? ONE burger almost equal 800 calories?? COME ONE, how can you loose weight like that????!!!!I can't stress this enough, HARD WORK,DEDICATION!! Be realistic! don't expect to lose 100lbs in months, it takes years to get your body into the shape you like. Hope I at least help one person. I bet someone right now is saying," yeah, yeah, heard that before, didn't work for me" Ask yourself why didn't it work. I guarantee you that it will work, just give it a try. don't be lazy, DO YOUR EXERCISES WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN FEEL LIKE DOING THEM.

Last edited by alexthegreat; 12-28-2004 at 01:32 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2004, 11:15 AM   #2
(male)

hgfreefo HB User
Re: solution for weight loss

i'm thrilled your way has worked for you alex,but thinking it will work for everyone is wrong.there are many ways to improve our lives,not just one successful path.if you've found a way to live that works for you and you did it by changing the way you lived so completly,great,but i've also found a way to live that works for me and i did it by making gradual changes over a long period of time(it's been almost five years and i'm still evolving in my behavior).not everyone can abruptly stop eating all the foods they enjoy and begin a serious exercise program as you seem to have done.if people can have an idea of a life they seek and begin to evolve towards that life,no matter how slowly,they can get there as we have.one of the things that has made this work for me was i did still eat that cheeseburger and all the other foods i loved.that meant i lost weight slowly,but it also meant i never saw what i was doing as punishment and so i could keep going.after awhile i gained momentum and my behavior improved.it took me 2and a half years before i was eating what i would consider a healthy diet,but when i got there i knew i would never go back.another couple of years later and i'm still improving in my behavior.alex,there are many paths that lead to the same place.

Old 01-01-2005, 09:16 PM   #3
(female)

HollyGoLightly HB User

Wow.. imagine.. exercise and diet are the key to weight loss?? You should write a book and share your secret with the world That's quite a revelation.

Old 01-06-2005, 05:24 AM   #4
(female)

janni2525 HB User

There are alot of factors behind the weight gain. Now most of the people that are overweight today are the teens of the 80's. The teens of the 90's look fine. There was a time when alot of people gave up on exercising because not many people were doing it. The one's pushing the ideas were the steroid users like Arnold and some other magazine models. Trying to emulate those people make you feel like you don't belong if you cannot get this big fast. So people stop exercising. Today there is a come back. I was a 300 pounder once. Now I weigh 170 I blame my obesity to lack of happiness. I suffer from depression. Imagine all you see on t.v. is death and all you hear on the radio is all about sex and death. Of course depression is going to set in. Now when I hear negative sad songs or news I turn it off. I want to endulge happiness. I'm also a walker. So I put on my walkman and listen to the songs I want and walk around the city. Walking has been the only thing that has helped me. No diets. Walking does the body good.

Closed Thread