It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2005, 05:30 PM   #1
(male)

rvx290 HB User
What to do after eating too much...

Its too late now lol, but does anyone have any suggestions how to make "unbloat" or "deflate" yourself after eating a huge feast? I tried going for a walk, but it didnt do alot. any suggestions? (besides take it easier next time)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2005, 09:02 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

pcantona HB User
Re: What to do after eating too much...

Walking is great, it makes you metabolize your food and make it go down the tubes correctly. You can take an pepcid, it has a calming effect on the stomach. Yes hospitals even use pepcid on people that have stomach/intestine disorders, but in liquid form thru IV. It calms down the stomach, removes gas and acid. Other than that. The food is there in your stomach making you overfull, if you need instant relief it has to come out one way or another.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2005, 12:28 AM   #3
Inactive

seekalot HB User

Can't help much with the physical discomfort (except I really like the cherry-flavored Pepcid AC for heartburn or upset stomach, very effective), but after such misadventures I basically go for "distraction mode" -- sometimes doze in a chair (since laying down can sometimes make it worse if you have indigestion or heartburn), take a nice bath, or cuddle up and read a book till the problem, uh, passes )

Old 01-28-2005, 06:15 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

CobaltBlue HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvx290
Its too late now lol, but does anyone have any suggestions how to make "unbloat" or "deflate" yourself after eating a huge feast? I tried going for a walk, but it didnt do alot. any suggestions? (besides take it easier next time)
What I focus on is that feeling that is produced from overeating and try to remember that as the reason not to do an encore the next day. The problem that I can understand all too well, and it will afflict me, is the tendency to keep going and going, like the energizer bunny. I try not to focus on the failure of the day. Yes, you can exercise, and I do try to up mine, but in my case, I can pick in over 4800 calories if I really work at it, while my BMR is about 2000 cals, and I can exercise 1000 cals on top of that (5 mile run and 45 min on the bike with a high power output). If you compare that, its easier just to keep telling yourself, "eating less means less time spent working out." It sounds like you aren't depressed over it (bad thing) and that you aren't considering other purging measures (would be even worse).

Just give it time if the walk doesn't help, then work on your approach to tomorrow. That's about all I can do, and do in practice.

Closed Thread