It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2005, 02:45 PM   #1
(female)

BigMomma24 HB User
Angry Stress is making me fat(ter)!

I've been going to night school while also being a stay at home mom during the day, and I'm finding that my stress level is at an all-time high. I constantly have headaches, backaches, neck pain, shoulder pain, and sometimes, an occasional sick stomach. I've never been this sick in my life, getting everything from colds to strep throat to staph infections. Sometimes, I don't even know the source of my stress- I could be relaxing at home and all of a sudden, I will get stress pain in my neck and back.

Anyway, I have been struggling with my classes this semester and have noticed that I have gained more weight. I put on 10 pounds in about a month and a half. The thing is, I haven't really changed eating patterns- in fact, I am making a conscious effort to stay away from fatty, greasy foods (although the late night eating is a problem, since I get home from school hungry). My anatomy teacher mentioned that stress raises your cortisol levels, and that can make you gain weight... I am just so dam* frustrated that the harder I try to lose weight, there's always something that's gonna be wrong with my body that keeps me from losing.

Also, I have been having really bad backaches lately when standing for over an hour, and I think, "how am I going to get a good job when I can't even stand for long periods" or "how can I excercise if I'm in excrutiating pain all the time?" I just feel like my body is trying to tell me something, and I don't know what to do... I don't know how to lower my stress levels while going to school and balancing a baby, a 6 year old, and my fiance, who is also obese.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2005, 05:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

justanothagirl HB User
Re: Stress is making me fat(ter)!

Wow, I'm sorry I don't know if I can help you there because my life isn't nearly as busy. But you must have at least an hour or 30 minutes time off for yourself on a day? Instead of watching tv or something you could try do something like yoga or meditating. Just give yourself at least 30 minutes a day... and like take a hot bath.

Edit: If you can by no means control this, you might want to take a look into a product called 'Cortislim'.

Last edited by justanothagirl; 10-22-2005 at 06:07 AM.

Old 10-23-2005, 06:41 PM   #3
(female)

TATERSMOM HB User

Hi BigMomma24...We have alot in common!
I know you are really busy, but if you ever need a friend and want to talk...Email me..
I have a 7 year old daughter and have been married for almost 10 years.
TatersMom

Old 12-28-2005, 10:51 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

neflin HB User

I have gain 25,000 pounds in my life and have lost probably about 24,8hundred and something. It is a constant struggle. Right now my husband and I are really making it as we are on this together. Four months ago he was 4 points from full fledged diabetes. Doctor said wait and we will treat him. I was so mad I could have kneed him. Wait until he has it and then treat him. I immediately took us both to the nutritionist and we both went on a low 230 carbo diet watching everything we ate. In essence I joined him in his illness for life. He has gone from 275 to 210 and I have dropped a good 50. It is very good with us. I am still around 188 but being 5' 9" not too bad with another 25 to go. He wants to lose 10 more.

You can lose weight. It is a matter of mind over matter. We did and we will the rest of our life. We will always be on this diet. We both look and feel great now and our life could not be better. We stay completely away from all sugar and high carbo food. Watch our meats and fruits and just live a very good life. He uses his treadmill and I really do not do anything.

You can also lose weight but you have to want to do it and follow through. Good luck.

Old 01-01-2006, 06:28 AM   #5
(female)

Bonnie1 HB User

I can fully sympathise. It is not easy juggling things in your life and of corse stress will be a trigger for over eating etc. I get panic attacks and chest pains becuase of stress, I work, as does my hubby (I work processing Income Support claims for a whole area on my own), I also have Epilpesy and IIH and my hubby has a 4 year old who we a re in a fully fledged custody battle over, plus we also have him staying with us alot of the time. So I guess we are working parents. It can be a nightmare.

It is very easy for people to say 'take 30 mins for yourself' but in reality it is not that easy. I don't have 30 mins to do that, if I am not working I am looking after stepson, if I am not doing either of those then I am trying to catch up on the housework which has been neglected. I get up at 7am, get myself and stepson ready, be at work for 8am, get home at 5:30pm, get tea on immediatly whilst hubby hoovers, eat tea, get stepson in bath, read story, hubby cleans cat trays whilst I wash up and then get stepson in bed. Clean up, get clothes wash on, by which time it is about 10pm, fall into bed, after having numerous medication, start again at 7am.

Weekends are about ferrying stepson to his mothers, nans etc, trying to get the food shop done, keep stepson entertained etc. Getting paperwork, assessments done, lawers letters etc sorted for court case.

So where is the 30 mons supposed to come in? I only get the opportunity to go on these sites when I am at work!

I don't now what the3 soloution is, but all I can say is I do understand.

Closed Thread