It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2006, 09:41 AM   #1
(female)

slimseeker HB User
Itchy skin rashes

HI,

I am 100 lbs. over weight. I have this itchy skin rash in the groin area..crease of the leg joining in trunk of body, and under my fat roll under my belly. I know this is due to my obesity cause I never had problems when thinner. What are some of your experiences with this and what can I do to help get rid of this?

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Slimseeker

Old 03-15-2006, 11:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

whackedback HB Userwhackedback HB Userwhackedback HB User
Re: Itchy skin rashes

Make sure you wash regularly in those areas and dry them thoroughly. Apply baby powder or Gold Bond powder. You might perhaps consider using Vitamin E creme at night.

wb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2006, 04:01 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

sudufu HB User
Cool Re: Itchy skin rashes

We're the same size and I get a similiar rash in the same area. Washing & putting powder helps cool it. (mine gets a foul odor to it too) Sometimes, I even put a thin hankie between effected areas, b/c the skin touching & rubbing is what causes it. I've used desenex on mine. (it says for athlete's foot, but mom used it for sissys diaper rash w/ GREAT sucsess) It doesn't cure it, but it lessens the outbreaks.

Why my gyn saw it, she gave me a perscprtion cream with a really long name: Clotrimazole and Betamethasone Dipropionate 1 % - that DOES get rid of it until you have another flare up.

good luck

Old 03-16-2006, 04:57 PM   #4
(female)

slimseeker HB User

Wackedbacked & Sudafu

I wanted to thank you for the advise. I will try that.

Have a great evening

Slimseeker

Old 04-04-2006, 12:57 PM   #5
(female)

IMFLUFFY HB User

Hi Slimseeker,

I believe this rash you describe is a yeast infection, and yes, it sometimes smells. I used to get it quite often, especially in the warm summer months. I would also get it under my breasts, along with the groin area. It is usually very simple to get rid of, if the rash is not too advanced. Wash the areas and dry them well. Then rub on either Monistat cream or another similiar cream, the same kind used for getting rid of vaginal yeast infections. It's alot cheaper than if your doctor were to give you a prescription cream and it works the same. You'll have to rub it in good, not just smear it on. Do this twice a day and in a few days the rash should start to disappear.

To keep the rashes from coming back, you'll need to keep those areas from getting too sweaty. I've been putting small rags under my breasts, held in place by my bra and another one under my belly roll. (an old diaper works great) It has made a world of difference in reducing the moisture. In the summer, when you can't help but sweat alot, I even apply a thin layer of anti-perspirant to those areas, along with the rags. Other posts have suggested using a powder too, just be sure not to use a cornstarch type of baby powder. The cornstarch actually feeds the bacteria and keeps it growing. A doctor told me this.

Hopefully this will help your condition too. Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to IMFLUFFY For This Useful Post:
cindylu35 (08-23-2011)
Old 04-24-2006, 03:00 PM   #6
(female)

Lostwithin HB User
Question Re: Itchy skin rashes

the best thing I have ever found is 1% (or .5) Hdyrocortizone cream Heals the rash and stops the itch. Plus it is over the counter and not expensive. I am very obese and hygene is a problem but I wash as good as possible using a hair dryer to make sure your dry is a wonder tool since you do not have to rub over the already chaffed skin.

Old 06-06-2006, 01:58 PM   #7
(male)

WCPI HB User

Lostwithin has the best, least expensive remedy for this. When the other suggestions have failed only the Hydrocortizone cream stopped the problem dead in it's tracks - Literally within 2 days!

Old 06-10-2006, 12:13 PM   #8
(female)

TriBer HB User

Great question SlimSeeker. I too am a big lady about 150 over weight and have the exact problems you do.

I work in a factory and sweat NON-STOP down there, I have yet to find any help. I tried the powder, it gets all mushy with sweat and STINKS after 8 hours of pouring sweat. I tried the creams (itch creams), but noluck there either and some burn like heck when placed on raw skin. Believe it or not DESITINE BABY RASH CREAM as been the best, still it only works abit.
Sometimes this area gets to stinking so bad my coworkers smell it leaving me so embaressed as I take 2-3 showers a day and dry very well! I even take Deoderant, body spray and vaginal wipes to work with me, sothat every bathroom break I go refresh!!!!!

Please when you find something that realy works good for you let us know! For now I will try these suggested items from the other folks!

Again, GOOD QUESTION!

Old 06-27-2006, 09:52 PM   #9
(female)

HollyD83 HB User

I am also the same weight as you,but I was much heavier,thankfully I lost 72 pounds and I am still losing Anyway,I still have the same problem,and I usually clean the areas daily and I use medicated baby powder to keep everything dry and comfy

Old 07-30-2006, 09:57 PM   #10
(female)

groovygurrl HB User

I share your problem. My MD's nurse mentioned a powder Zeasorb-AF. I have tried everything. I was on heavy doses of antibiotics for cellulitis and as a result I have always gotten yeast many places on my body, especially under my stomach. Just take a good shower, use a reach sponge if you need to, dry the area, (use a blow dryer on low heat) then apply a heavy sprinkle of the powder. It so works. I have not had a problem since I started using it. It comes in kind of a weird shaped white bottle. I am also finding that it does not mush up when I use it. Maybe it helps control the perspiration. I hope this works for you too. I hate that itchy feeling.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:39 PM   #11
(female)

MerelyMe HB User

Hydro-cortisone cream is awesome...Desetin bay rash cream gives INSTANT relief...
But the best thing I have found to PREVENT the rash, is...shower, wash the area very well, dry the areas very well and apply a generous amount of Degree Solid Deodorant...this has helped me prevent ALL rashes this summer...

Hope it helps....

M&M

Old 08-13-2006, 01:22 AM   #12
(female)

Location: I live in a small town near historic Harrisburg Pennsylvania in the United States of America
ch1x0rpr1nc3ss HB User

Hello there,

Yeast infections can be releived by topical applications, its true. However that will not prevent them from reoccuring. We all have bacteria in our bodies, in fact we need bacteria to survive, but there are many types of bacteria that grow within us depending upon the types of things we put into our body. Harmful bacteria (yeast) goes into overgrowth when we eat an excess of what feeds them. Sugar, Flour, items containing yeast, beer, vinegar, mushrooms etc etc ... a much more extensive list can be found online by doing searches. And of course... lovely antibiotics.... a common culprit... so the first step is to stop eating foods that feed the yeast... the second step is to cleanse your body from the inside out. I have used the kolorex line with great success... you would be surprised the problems yeast cause... everything from body odor to excessive gas and bad breath...
now read up on it because when you do cleanse your body of yeast... its gets worse before it gets better.... cause first all the little buggers have to die... then the little bacteria corpses turn into toxins which our body will then expell... mild flu like symptoms are common... just keep going... when I finally got rid of it... my skin didnt stink anymore... even though I am obese... I no longer got those irritating rashes... my feet didnt stink anymore (and they use to get attrocious after only a few hours in flip flops for goodness sakes) I had gas problems before and now I rarely experience flatulance... Yeast is a downright gross and nasty condition that is the bane of an obese persons existance... its bad enough that we feel low because of weight... but then add being perpetually stinky onto it and ANYONE would get depressed... but no worries... people would be surprised at the number of men and women that have yeast overgrowth... there are answers out there...
another possible cause is the demodex parasite... however in order to get rashes your infestation would have to be fairly significant... but since 98% of the population carry these microscopic vermin... it doesnt hurt to take measures to rid yourself of them... thats my next quest... good luck...

Closed Thread