It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2006, 07:59 PM   #1
(female)

dmh06 HB User
need help for my mother

I am a daughter seeking help, my mother is 49 years old and is topping the scales at nearly 400 pounds. each day I watch her get bigger and bigger,as she continues to eat foods that are virtually poison to her. she is noe on oxygen and is nearly imobile, it beraks my heart to see this, she is slowly killing herself right in front of me and my children, I 've tried every apprach I can think of to help her, I'm not ready to lse my mom yet she's only 49 if anyone has any advice or any ideas, please help

Old 04-11-2006, 05:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

whackedback HB Userwhackedback HB Userwhackedback HB User
Re: need help for my mother

dmh-

Try as you like, your pleas fall on deaf ears. Only your mother can decide to turn things around for herself, I'm afraid.

The one thing that you might try doing is to speak with her doctor and tell him about your concerns. He might have better luck than you. I know my parents always thought of me as a 10 year old, even when I was 30, so there was no way that I could possibly know what I was talking about on any subject.

If her doctor can't convince her, then you might want to prepare for handling conditions that may come up in the future, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.

You've done your best, only your mother can make it happen. Good luck to you.

wb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2006, 11:20 AM   #3
(female)

mkalaway HB User
Wink Re: need help for my mother

I'm sorry to hear about your mom and think you're right to be concerned. It's a long journey to go from having such serious health problems to good health. One thing that might help, with her doctor's supervision, is to hire a personal weight loss coach to support her, monitor her progress, and guide her along to lose weight. You can e-mail me if you would like information on one such program, [email]REMOVED[/email]. I would say that you be weary of something like gastric bypass surgery. It can offer a quick weight loss (but not to all) but the dangers, side-effects, and long-term lifestyle changes really limit a person's quality of life. I hope you and your mom find the help that she needs. She is lucky to have you looking out for her!
Melissa

Please read the posting rules which explain that offering or asking off board contact is not permitted. The boards are to be used for on board sharing, only. The email and private message features are turned off so that use of the message boards remain anonymous. The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-10-2006 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Please honor your membership agreement. Please read and follow the posting rules.

Closed Thread