It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2006, 11:25 PM   #1

sock puppet HB User
Obesity and its Odor...

Hi, I have a question about Obesity and its Odor, by no means am i trying to be rude on this board what so ever.

i have a friend who is rather large, and emits a very foul odor he currently lives with me and the smell is so foul it litteraly makes me gag, he is way to nice of a person to ask to leave(i couldnt do such a thing).

is there anything anyone could recomend to neutrilize the odor?

i have tried febreeze, colognes, air freshners and nothing seems to work.

someone suggested an air purifier, but that is my only lead.

if anyone has any information that could be of help to me that would be great thank you.

The following user gives a hug of support to sock puppet:
annie2960 (06-28-2011)
Old 09-14-2006, 08:37 AM   #2
(female)

sw3006 HB User
Re: Obesity and its Odor...

It's a odd question, but since he lives with you, is it possible that you buy the soaps, etc? If so, try buying another type of soap, Like Lever2000 or another strong one and leaving it in his shower. It may help with the smell. I know he cannot help it, my uncle has a smell too, and I know that he is clean, but its like his body emits its own scent.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2006, 08:54 PM   #3
(female)

needtoescape HB User

I think the problem is often bacteria that grows in the moistness of skin folds... Do you know if he has ever tried using body powder after showering and drying?

I had to talk to someone once about her body odor (she was also large). I felt so embarrassed for both of us. And since I'm also overweight, it has made me kind of paranoid that I might not be able to smell the problem in myself (if it's there)... She said she had never been told of the problem before.

Old 10-08-2006, 01:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

Yes, it is true, moisture under belly fat and other places makes a perfect breeding ground for bacteria and yeast.

I use a hair dryer after shower to make sure folds are dry. I also use hair dryer off and on during the day in warm weather or when I feel the need.

I use Nystatin Cream under belly fat to keep yeast from thriving. Regular powder tends to ball up and makes it uncomfortable, in fact will irritate the skin from friction. The combination of Nystatin Cream plus Polysporin Powder will eleminate the odor, by keeping bacteria and yeast under control. Polysporin Powder is available at drug stores, ask pharmacist for it since it is usually kept in the refrigerator.

Never wear same clothes twice, always wear clean clothes every day. Odor does not go away over night.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:49 PM   #5
(male)

hamiltonkrewe HB User

In our home we burn liquid potpourri often. It is heated by a votive candle and freshens the air for hours. We bought the burner for about $5.00 and buy the candles and bottle of potpourri from a dollar store so for about $2.00 a month our home smells really nice. We always buy a cinnamon scent potpourri its more inviting then a powerful floral scent. We found room sprays last only minutes and those things that plug into a wall socket that claim to deodorize the air for a month actually last only a few days. Hope it helps. Dave

Last edited by hamiltonkrewe; 01-21-2008 at 12:51 AM. Reason: typo

Old 11-16-2006, 05:37 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

whackedback HB Userwhackedback HB Userwhackedback HB User

MOUTHWASH!!

That's slick! The alcohol in there should certainly help get rid of any bacteria. That's a great idea!

wb

Closed Thread