It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2006, 09:00 AM   #1
(female)

Pollyanna322 HB User
Question raw skin under breasts

I'm new here, but am really hoping someone might be able to help me. I have become "morbidly obese" in the past two years and yesterday I noticed a red, raw area of skin in the fold under one of my breasts. Of course, because of the weight gain, the breasts are HUGE and there is a considerable area of skin that is rubbing together and I guess this was inevitable. Just don't know what to do about it!

Sounds gross, but I have a smaller place in the skin fold under my tummy. <sigh> I try sooooo very hard to stay clean and smelling sweet, but this can't be good news! Last night I used Johnson's Baby Cornstarch, which felt good at the time, but this morning it was just balled up into little starchy balls.

Just FYI, my weight gain was the result of 1) quitting a 30 year smoking habit after a heart attack at age 45 and 2) 18 months of steroid therapy to treat severe lupus. I'm overweight, but not an over-eater...any more!

Any helpful insight would be appreciated. Thank you in advance,

Pollyanna

Old 09-21-2006, 09:13 AM   #2
(female)

Pollyanna322 HB User
Talking I answered my own question!

Itchy Skin Rashes, started by Slimseeker pretty much answered my question! The first thing I did was do a search on rash under breasts and that did not help at all - go figure! So while reading through the posts, I found the answer I was looking for. I'll try their ideas and see if it helps!

Happy to find possible relief, Pollyanna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2006, 10:10 AM   #3
(female)

Countrygirl1 HB User
Re: raw skin under breasts

Glad that you were able to find some help on these boards. I have had the same problem in the past and I know that it is not pleasant.

Old 10-01-2006, 02:59 PM   #4
(female)

Blakesmomma HB User
Lightbulb What I do...

Last summer I thought of a way that keeps me not quite so "wet" under my breasts... I take one of hubby's hankies and after my bra is on put one corner up through the "valley" - pull it up pretty far, take one corner and pull across to the right and up under the bra, take another corner and pull it up under to the left under the bra and the last corner hangs down and needs to be tucked into your pants/shorts/skirt. The one you have pulled up through the valley can be straightened out horizontally the best you can and tuck the rest into your bra. It keeps me drier. The bigger hankies (red/blue) ones work the best - really any kind of cloth/material would do. You might want to use some other type of material if you are wearing white - it has stained some of my bras so choose your "weapon".

Just my input!

Tori

Old 10-01-2006, 06:52 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

This is most likely "yeast" growing under the breasts and stomach. I have this problem and Nystatin Cream, a prescription, works wonders keeping yeast under control. Yeast loves moist warm places.

If a bacterial infection is along with the yeast, use Polysporin Powder on top of the Nystatin Cream. Usually have to ask pharmacist for Polysporin Powder since it is kept refrigerated. This was prescribed for me by a dermatologist.

Old 10-01-2006, 09:38 PM   #6
(female)

sw3006 HB User

Monistat chaffing powder gel - works like a slice of heaven!!

I had massive raw places on the insides of my legs from friction of them rubbing together combined with heat/sweat. I found this stuff in Wal-Mart, figured it couldn't hurt to try it - now hubby and I both use it. They have a powder, an itch spray and a powder gel (the best that I have found).

really helps protect the skin. I highly reccommend it.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:06 AM   #7
(female)

moira1950 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna322 View Post
I'm new here, but am really hoping someone might be able to help me. I have become "morbidly obese" in the past two years and yesterday I noticed a red, raw area of skin in the fold under one of my breasts. Of course, because of the weight gain, the breasts are HUGE and there is a considerable area of skin that is rubbing together and I guess this was inevitable. Just don't know what to do about it!

Sounds gross, but I have a smaller place in the skin fold under my tummy. <sigh> I try sooooo very hard to stay clean and smelling sweet, but this can't be good news! Last night I used Johnson's Baby Cornstarch, which felt good at the time, but this morning it was just balled up into little starchy balls.

Just FYI, my weight gain was the result of 1) quitting a 30 year smoking habit after a heart attack at age 45 and 2) 18 months of steroid therapy to treat severe lupus. I'm overweight, but not an over-eater...any more!

Pollyanna
I've just joined this site so I don't really know what I'm doing here at the moment but PLEASE is someone able to answer the problem about breast rash, under my breast is really sore, I've tried Cansten, Sudocrem and goodness knows what else, none of them any good!
Thanks, Moira1950

Old 03-28-2007, 09:14 PM   #8
(female)

rhiannon777 HB User

I've found that this happens to me when I've been wearing an old bra. The older, less supportive bra lets the skin rub and traps the sweat. Try wearing a brand-new, really supportive bra. I've found that the push-up cleavage enhancing bras from Lane Bryant lift and support my breasts so well that the problem goes away in just a couple days of wearing them.

Old 04-01-2007, 11:54 AM   #9
(female)

Scorcher HB User

Hi, this sounds like sweat rash. I have found a cream that helps, it is sudocream and it works! it will clear it up in a couple of days. it is used to treat nappy rash but i found sudocream a miricle cream for the problem you are talking about and the best part is you can buy it from any supermarket usually near the baby bath stuff and it's cheap. Give it a go, I am sure it will work.

best wishes,
Lis x

Old 04-01-2007, 12:03 PM   #10
(female)

Scorcher HB User

As you have tried sudocrem then the other option is vasaline. I found it stops the rubbing because it provides a barrier between the skin so it stops the chaffing. I had it very bad at one point, it was absolute agony so I would have a shower and pat it dry, (to sore to rub) then apply the vasaline. Also go to bed naked leaving it exposed at night so that it gets a chance to dry out.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:00 AM   #11
(female)

nightcall HB User

Dear Pollyanna,
Due to the warm moist area you may have a fungel infection, yeast infections love those areas. I have found much luck treating that problem with Monostat 7 creams for vaginal yeast. It does a great job. Keep that area as dry as possible baby powder. Wash you bras daily and treat area for several days. You can even use it as a regular preventive messure. Also watch your starch intake - Yeast loves sugar!!! Drink lots of water.
Good luck you can win this one.

Last edited by nightcall; 04-04-2007 at 04:38 PM. Reason: remove name

Old 04-04-2007, 09:25 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna322 View Post

Pollyanna
The doctor told me that is a fungus. It feels like sunburn. It is caused by moisture in the creases. I get in the same places. Get under the breasts and under the apron. I use gold bond powder every day before I get dressed. It seems to do the job. They had given me an ointment by prescription which got rid of it in a few days. They tell you to keep it dry. That is near impossible if you ask me. The powder does help alot. Cornstartch is good too. Baby powder is not good. There is something in it that doesn't work.

Last edited by hessie28; 04-04-2007 at 09:26 AM.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:27 AM   #13
(female)

ffb HB User

Try Balmex. It worked wonders for me. I am overweight myself and had this problem for years and was so disgusted and embarrassed by it. I have since had a mastectomy and no longer have breasts so it is no longer a problem.
Balmex will get rid of the rash. ANd to keep the rash from coming back try keeping it as dry as possible by using powder, corn starch, or using the polysporin powder. Good luck and know you aren't alone in this battle. Dee

Old 04-10-2007, 02:32 PM   #14
(female)

raquel1970 HB User

I just put my deordarant on their. I figured it helps to keep underarms dry it should work. And it does. I use a clear solid usually degree. even when it does get irratated it didn't bother me. Yes I'm weird, "I know" but I also shave my legs with cheap hair conditioner it does a great job.

raquel

Old 04-16-2007, 11:48 PM   #15
(female)

LittleRed00 HB User

I know Im a day late answering this and new to this board. However, I have found that anti-perspirant deoderant works. It keeps you from sweating, and if you happen to get that nasty rash..I'll tell you another secret that works like an absolute charm! Desitin. Yes, that baby diaper rash cream.. If you put it under your breasts right before bed..generally I find the rash is gone by morning..or dramatically improved. Hope this helps!!

Red

Closed Thread