It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2006, 10:28 AM   #1

Rachel_24 HB User
I don't know where to start...

I'm feeling really bad atm, I know I'm really overweight but I just can't seem to do anything about it. I went to the doctors for a pill check today, to be told that "oooh you have put a lot of weight on since February haven't you...very much actually" in the most patronising manner and then looked me up and down. I wanted the ground to open up. I said prior to being weighed that I knew I had a problem and was in the process of doing something about it yet she just completely patronised and belittled me, I've never felt so much hatred towards myself as I do now. I know they have to "shock" it into you but I'd already said I'm in the process of doing something, was there any need for her to speak to me in that way?

I don't know where to start with losing weight to be honest, I'm in full time education at college (which is 8:15 - 2:45 mon to fri) and work part time (17hrs a week, thurs night and all weekend) so I honestly have no time to go to the gym. All my spare time is eaten up by homework/coursework/work and in any of the little "alone time" i get I'm so tired I can't go to the gym. I sleep so very little, mostly I stay up until 12am or 1am doing college work and have to be up at 7am for college. I hardly get time to eat and if i do eat badly (junk food and the likes) then I'll hardly eat anything else that day/the next ay to conpensate. I'm also on my feet walking around all the time at work so I do get some exercise with that....but why am I still just putting more and morew weight on? I'm so frustrated.

I joined a gym in January when I found I weighed 16st 10lbs and went either two or three times a week, stopped eating chocolate, ate more sensible and sometimes skipped meals and by February when I visited the doctor for a pill check I weighed 17st! I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I really don't!

I can't face going to a dietician after how the nurse spoke to me, I'd feel so ridiculous....how can i get the ball rolling myself?

Also...I still live at home with my parents, and don't have much money so basically what they buy I have to eat...and with work and college I can't always be in control of the times that I eat or where. For instance - on a Thursday I eat lunch at 12:40 at school, and get home at half past 3, I have to leave for work at half past four (to do a 5pm - 10pm shift) so I'm not hungry before work...but then I don't get home until half past ten at night so when do I eat? I know I shouldn't eat late but I'm always starving by the time I get home.

Is it possible that not eating makes me fatter? I don't understand how but...I don't eat breakfast and try to eat as little as possible but yet I'm not losing weight....I'm just becoming dangerous with my weight and I can't stop it. It's so upsetting, I sometimes question whether or not I want to keep on living like this.

Rachael x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2006, 07:27 PM   #2
(female)

smackliet HB User
Re: I don't know where to start...

I have weight issue too so i dont know if i should give advise but i know you should always eat something for breakfast because it starts your matabolism for the day. I have started trying to eat a yogart every am because it helps with digestion as well. I also eat late and my dr said never eat past 6pm. Thats tough for me we usually eat dinner after 8pm. Drinking alot of water with lemon in it helps so much. When i have lost weight it was always when i remember to drink it. Also a multivitamin will help, if your body thinks it isnt getting enough nutrition due to junk food, it will hold on to everything you eat. I hope these little tricks will at least help stop the gaining.
Take care

Old 12-13-2006, 06:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

The less you eat, the slower your metabolism will get, and therefore the less you will lose weight. It's crucial to eat breakfast, because as the first person already posted, you need that kick start to your metabolism in the morning.

It's better to try to eat several smaller meals throughout the day to keep your metabolism going all day. The ideal is to eat a little for breakfast until you start feeling hungry again, then eat some more and then later eat again, so you're having about 6 small meals a day. Make sure you're getting a really good balance of fruits and vegetables and definitely enough protein. If you don't have enough protein in your diet, you will feel like you have no energy.

There is no easy way to lose weight. Unfortunately, it's probably one of the hardest things to do, once you get up there. But it's important to try different things until you find something that works for you.

Old 12-13-2006, 07:22 AM   #4
(female)

neilsandreshan HB User

First, NOONE has the right to talk to you in that way. It's nothing that is wrong or right with you, It's the person who dosn't like themself, that reflects their negativity at others, put the others waiting for help, in the waiting room, in your place at that time and she would of found something to talk down to them about. With that said, I feel , that you are under alot of stress with school and the holidays, loosing weight at this time is terribly hard for us all. Perhaps try cutting up raw veg and keeping them in your bag,habits good and bad take time. to aquire or loose. when I find something became a problem in my life I start with a pen and paper, say in your case time and diet, added with stress, I write a list for each and then take apart in a positive way and choose to start to start a new way back or too its new outcome. I don't know you and I feel a sence of being proud of your accomplishments, your first steps have allready been taken, you can fix what is acknowledged, stick with it, your new patters, will become habbits. much Love and support , be safe LTD PS. I would report the rude behavior in your drs ofc, save the next patient potential harm, It really wasn't personal. She sounds to me like a "switcher upper" emotionally

Closed Thread