It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2006, 05:49 AM   #1
(female)

ghostygirl HB User
Unhappy I feel so alone

First of all I am totally new to this so please bear with me. I am 27, and I weigh 23 stone. I am married and have two beautiful children and I have a very loving and understanding husband, but i just feel so very alone i have no friends really i feel so self conscious, I don't feel comfortable enough to go out and meet people i feel that people are laughing about me behind my back, my weight is really starting to effect my health, i get out of breath just taking a bath. And it has just recently started to effect my marriage. I like so many have tried every diet known to mankind and ended up fatter than i was before i started, i am trying to get a lapband operation sorted, but things are moving so slowly and i just feel like giving up. I just don't know what to do it just seams that everything is falling apart and it is all because i am so fat. I don't feel that their are any kind understanding people left in the world, I feel like a big fat failure. Sorry to all who read this for sounding like a miserable old moo, i always used to be a really funny outgoing person before i got this way. Can anyone help or is there anyone out there like me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2006, 10:51 PM   #2
(female)

janise0078 HB User
Re: I feel so alone

Trust me I know how you feel. I had my son 4 months ago and at the most I have even weighed! I hate it! I get into my groove and eat right and work out and then I go and screw it up! I don't want to have another child untill I get my weight under control. I know being very over weight can cause trouble and bith defects and i don't want to take that chance. Its hard becuase I want another baby this coming year but I also want to be good to them and do what is right for them. So I know how to loose weight but doing it is the tricky part! I find support always helps! Maybe if you get with a few poeple on here that you can talk about your progress every day or so it will help you. I think I am going to get with some of my overweight friends and see if they want to start a support group.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2006, 06:05 AM   #3
(female)

ghostygirl HB User

Thanks for simpathising and i think getting together with your overweight pals to form a support group is a really cool idea, i definately think there could be more support groups all over the world where obesity is a problem. God knows i can't find one in my area. I would start one myself but am very short of friends of overweight or skinny variety!

Old 12-23-2006, 11:19 PM   #4
(female)

ktt HB User

HI G,

I am sure anyone who has ever had a weight problem understands your point of view. It's not easy to be confident and self assured when so many people make stupid and insensitive remarks, jokes etc about fat people. That said deep inside yourself you have to recognize that you are a person of value with lots of positive qualities that have nothing to do with a number on a scale and you should cherish those qualities. Being fat does not equal being bad, stupid, lazy or any other negative thing you can think of. It does mean that healthwise it would be better to weigh less.

For me I have always had instances of spectacular weight loss and amazing regainr in record time. This past year I decided I wanted to lose weight and my initial goal was to be less fat. I also imposed no artificial time limits on how long it would take me to get to a certain point etc. I started last Jan weighing 282 and now I weigh 185.

This is what has worked for me. My main focus was to eat healthy which meant really focusing on getting as much nutrition into my body so that even though I was eating less I was probably getting more nutrition than ever. I eat lean meats, fish, whole grain breads, pasta, rice and beans, fruits, veggies, yogurt, healthy fat like olive oil. I switched to lower fat subs for pizza etc. Chocolate was my number one addiction so I sub chocolate pudding, sugar free fudgsicles and fruits. Because I eat enough to keep my body and brain happy (there are lots of hormones and biochemicals that play a big part in appetite and saiety so if you can keep them happy, that's half the battle). I also have realized that no person is perfect so if every now and then you need that piece of pie etc that doesn't mean it's over and you give up. Dnjoy it then move on to your next healthy meal.

A few weeks later after I started eating healthy then I started walking for exercise. At first I did about 3/4 of a mile and it was tough but eventually (make sure you have good walking shoes and you'll save yourself a lot of foot pain) it gets easier and you gradually increase the distance. Today I generally walk about 3 miles a day. Last month I shocked myself LOL and joined the gym and am now weight training so basically all you have to do is take the first step. They say the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step so maybe your post was your first step and the next might be to start eating a little better etc. Good Luck and good health to you.

Old 01-08-2007, 04:55 PM   #5
(female)

ghostygirl HB User

Dear Ktt, thank you so much for your words of understanding and support, i am very glad to hear you are losing weight and i wish you every success! I think my problem is that i let anything get in the way of my progress work, kids, any excuse really and the oh so popular oh well i've messed up today i'll start for real on Monday. I am really fed up with letting myself down, like i said i have seen my doctor about a lap band operation, but i think i am going to give it another bash and try and get a head start who knows i may not need the operation if i am successful! Who knows? I can but try. Thanks for the words of wisdom and encouragement.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:53 AM   #6
(female)

A_True_Lady HB User

Hello Ghostly Girl.
I'm Coko' I'm new as in today.
Wanted to see have you had the Lap Band Sugery. That's something I fond on last night through a search. I was thinking about having it. Please get back with me.

Old 01-30-2007, 04:46 AM   #7
(female)

ghostygirl HB User

Hi Coko, Sorry it has taken so long for me to get back to you. No I haven't had the surgery yet, it's a lot more involved than I first thought. But I am still hoping it will go ahead, but it has given me some time to get a head start, I have started a new diet called the elimination diet by Dax Moy, I am doing really well so far I have lost 14lbs in two weeks! I strongly recommend you give it a go. The only down side is that I have broken my scales, maybe because I am such a wollop lol!!

Last edited by ghostygirl; 01-30-2007 at 09:33 PM. Reason: do not post websites or any kind of information to find them

Old 01-30-2007, 08:52 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

whackedback HB Userwhackedback HB Userwhackedback HB User

Ghosty-

I'm assuming that getting a lap-band procedure in your country is rather time consuming. You might want to consider going to all the education classes they have to discuss the different procedures, and based on how you want to proceed, take a look at travelling to the US, India or other country that offers them and has a good reputation.

wb

Old 01-30-2007, 09:35 PM   #9
(female)

ghostygirl HB User

I have seriously thought about it but what puts me off is the after care and the possibility of having problems with it in the future.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:54 AM   #10
(female)

SweetThing789 HB User

Ktt, Congrats on your weight loss. That is totally awesome!!Your post was very inspiring. Please keep us updated. You are my new hero. SweetThing

Old 02-01-2007, 12:30 AM   #11
(female)

confrustrated HB User

Ghosty,
The elimination diet - it's for mainly identifying allergys. What lead you to this diet? I'm wondering what it is about it that's allowing you to lose weight? Anyways, just a couple questions to satisfy my curiousity lol
Congrats on your weight loss and I hope it continues for you!
Sara

Last edited by moderator2; 02-01-2007 at 07:33 AM.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:37 AM   #12
(female)

ghostygirl HB User

Hi everyone, thanks to all of you for the support! I found the elimination diet on a DVD I brought, in the DVD their is a girl called Michelle Macmanus who won the Pop Idol thing in the UK, She lost ten stone so far on the elimination diet, and this gave me motivation to give it a go as I needed to loose around the same amount! I have now lost 25lbs/1 stone 11lbs in four weeks, how cool is that!!! The guy who created the diet is called Dax Moy. But I can't really give anyone anymore info than that because I'll get told off by the moderator! thanks for the support guy's, see you all soon!xx

Closed Thread