It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2007, 11:57 AM   #1
(female)

deanahammond44 HB User
Question Newbie needing advise on gastric bypass surgery

Hello, I had gastric bypass surgery 6 years ago. I lost close to 100 pounds. I developed emotional problems from stress at work so I gradually started eatting again. I have gained at least 45 pounds back and I am constantly hungry and exhausted. I was not able to attend post-surgery classes because my doctor was 4 hours away and at the time gastric bypass was not a popular issue and therefore, there was noone to help me stay on track. I am miserable and because I am miserable I am making my family miserable as well. I can see it and it breaks my heart. What can I do?

Old 08-20-2007, 07:02 AM   #2
(female)

Jewdee5 HB User
Re: Newbie needing advise on gastric bypass surgery

Well, one good thing about it is: you have had the surgery and you have the tool to lose the weight again. You will have to start over. You will have to go back to eating 5 small meals a day the size of a cup. You will have to go back to eating healthy foods, drinking lots of water, protein-protein and more protein!

It is not as easy as it sounds, you have to mentally tell yourself that your using the tool that you paid for! Everyone thinks the surgery is a permanent quick fix, they don't realize that after so many years post surgery that you can quickly gain back the weight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2007, 02:38 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

deannainlasvega HB User
Re: Newbie needing advise on gastric bypass surgery

I had the surgery Dec 2001...as the previous poster stated you need to use your "tool" go back to the basics and focus on regaining and keeping your health in tact and be strong. Do not let food or your emotions control you, you need to control it...I am no model patient but I have done well considering that I had the surgery so long ago, had two kids and i am just a few pnds from my goal (pre-preg) weight but am still within healthy range... You can do this, just set your mind to it, set mini goals and follow the rules for gastric bypass patients...

Old 08-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #4
(female)

deanahammond44 HB User
Talking Re: Newbie needing advise on gastric bypass surgery

You guys don't know how much I needed to hear what you said. Can I count on you guys for extra motivation? I know it's up to me. I thank GOD for your help.

Closed Thread