It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2007, 10:35 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

miyu HB Usermiyu HB User
Trually addicted to bad food.

I am trying so hard to do well and eat well, but I am SO addicted to bad food. I will be doing really good, and not even want bad food, then suddenly I’m eating a little... and then I gut this HUGE craving and I have a huge binge. While I’m eating I just can’t stop, its like my body is like “MORE MORE, MMMOORREE GOD I MISS YOU.”

What made me think of it as an addiction is I just watched Super Size Me. And he said to his doctor he was feeling so soooo crappy (extremely fatigue, miserable mood, and dizzy, crappy) then he would eat and feel better. The doctor said “it sounds like you are becoming addicted to it now” and that totally hit home. I feel like crap when I don’t eat this “crappy” food. And I feel good after a “crappy meal” I always thought *well if I feel good after eating this, then it must be good for me. But now I’m really thinking I’m just addicted and I need to get my next fix.

Last edited by miyu; 11-23-2007 at 10:38 PM. Reason: bad spelling

Old 11-27-2007, 12:52 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

miyu HB Usermiyu HB User
Re: Trually addicted to bad food.

I'm not getting any responds, can I have this moved to obesity?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2007, 05:42 PM   #3
(female)

loots HB User

Yes me as well hon!

I have a chocolate bar or ice cream EVERYDAY and when I don't have it I feel really tired and get a headache!

I am 37 years old and have been heavy most of my life and know what it fees like to be an "addict" . I even joined OA 2 years ago and stopped going (don't know why I stopped)
I tend to have a lot of DRAMA in my life and need to be conforted and loved and food does this for me! I need to be in control and food is the only thing I can control. I want so bad to "cure" my bad food and fast food choices but vacations and cruises are a BIIIIIG problem for me LOL!
My hubby is thin and my 14 yr old daughter is thin but my 10 yr old son took my body type. He hates when we try to eat healthy and I can't say as I blame him because I HATE IT TOO!!!LOL!
I am addicted to high carbs and eat minimal veggies and if I do eat veggies it is with TONS of ranch or cheese dressing!
I have tried sooooo many things out there and it is so hard for me!

All the best!
Martha , Canada

Old 12-25-2007, 10:15 PM   #4
(female)

toninj HB User

I have the same problem. It is so sad, I feel so out of control. Why does food have this hold over us? I to have a very high drama life. I think this causes me to over eat as well. I had GBS and it seems like the weight is slowly coming back on. It scares the hell out of me. I know if I could stick to a diet for more than a few weeks I would be fine. I am even thinking about seeing a doctor about a chemical imbalance caused by my period. *sigh*

Old 12-26-2007, 07:34 AM   #5
(female)

vidgrl007 HB User

what i suggest is giving up on the food that you love. mine is funnyunns(SP?) and m&ms.i i can litteraly consume a whole bag.pretty soon you will need the trigger foods less and less.the first two- three weeks are the hardest.if i can do it i know you can.hth

Old 12-26-2007, 11:37 PM   #6
(female)

ssjup81 HB User

I can somewhat relate to this. I do feel I'm addicted to some foods...they aren't necessarily bad, but for me, it is, since I'm a diabetic. I love milk. Whole milk. I can go a long time without drinking it (we don't keep stuff like that in the house; my family drinks soy milk [I don't like it]), but once I drink it, it's like an alcoholic with beer. It's like I can't stop. I crave it and everything. Every chance I get, I'd sneak some, and I know I shouldn't be drinking for a number of reasons, such as the saturated fat in it, and that I have an allergic reaction to it if I drink too much of it. The only time my family uses regular milk is if we're cooking something, like for a holiday meal. I'm trying to wean myself back off of it, but I messed up, again, tonight by going out and buying two pints of it. I know it's an odd addiction. I was doing really well too, until this year. I want some more milk now. lol

There are other things I feel I'm addicted to once I start with it, and most of these are carb-heavy foods, like rice, potatoes, breads, and pasta. I can control myself a bit better with these, though. Just don't keep it in the house, and try not to think about it. That's usually worked for me.

Something else I try to do, if I feel like it, is find something to substitute the food with something or either "dress up the meal". I'm not much of a meat eater (is this common with diabetics or what? lol), so I have to make my meal seem really interesting before I eat it. I stick to things like eggs and stuff like that that's high in protein, but won't spike my blood sugar level up.

Either way, my main main weakness is drinking. Not alcohol, but drinks in general. I'm so bad, I'd choose a drink over the actual meal. I love anything with fruit in it, but with that comes sugar which we all know isn't good, especially for those trying to lose weight...and diabetics. Yesterday, I was at my aunt's house. They always have stuff like Crystal Light, Sunny D, Kool-Aid, etc., and I pretty much went crazy with it. Very very addictive.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:35 PM   #7
(female)

all things HB User

For me, I love carbs, and like Spurlock, begin to feel awful when eating too many. A surefire way to get me back on a healthy track is to eat a high fat and moderate protein diet for a few days. Try coconut oil...2 or 3 tablespoons a day, mixed in a hot drink. It's smooth and creamy, and very satisfying. Use real butter, cream cheese, all things that help you to feel full, then you won't miss the bad carbs after a day or two. Then gradually add back the good carbs, cut down on the fats, and reach a healthy plateau. The moment you start back on the bad carbs, it's like a switch gets turned on and you go beserk again....at least I do. Certain people just do poorly on flour and grains, so why bother with them?? They can be terribly addicting.

Closed Thread