It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2008, 10:53 AM   #1
(female)

maebelle HB User
how to get moving

I have finally come to the point where I am totally disgusted with myself.
My BMI is 35.I weigh 230.
The past several years I have taken predisone for arthritis.Last yr alone I gained 30 pounds.I have had bloodwork done.No thyroid problems or diabetes.

The predisone made my appetite insatiable.Then came the habit of eating too much and to often.I am constantly craving sweets!
I know I am an emotional eater.Sex used to be my craving and now I could care less about it.
I took prozac for depression for years.I stopped taking it so I could begin taking meridia.
I just started it and am still wanting to eat all the time!Then the exercise issue is a battle.I have fibro and arthritis,spine inflammation etc...
How do I force myself to get moving?Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.MB

Old 01-13-2008, 08:12 AM   #2
(female)

SweetThing789 HB User
Re: how to get moving

Hi there...start very slowly, be consisent, and don't push yourself to hard. I was in the same boat with you and a few months ago I started out with a 5 minute walk around my parking lot at work on my break. But...I made sure I did it EVERY day, when that got to be really easy I added a minute or two at a time and so forth....now I am easily walking 17 minutes with no pain, plan to stay ther till it gets to easy then progress....hope this helps, keep us posted, we care! ST

Last edited by SweetThing789; 01-13-2008 at 08:13 AM. Reason: add something..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2008, 06:53 PM   #3
(female)

annb HB User

I weigh 283 and i had to force myself to move. I have arthritis in my knees and my back and it is hard for me to exercise, but I force my self. I watch the biggest loser and the discovery channels where they have obese people actually doing something about their wieght. I figure if they can do, I can too. I joined the YWCA and they have a small weight room and a pool where there are water classes for arthritic women. I don't go to the ymca,because they are coed where the YWCA are just women and they don't judge you. Check it out and good luck
It is going to hurt in the begiinning, there is no free pass for getting healthy, just stick to it

Old 01-15-2008, 06:06 AM   #4
(male)

flynema HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by annb View Post
I weigh 283 and i had to force myself to move. I have arthritis in my knees and my back and it is hard for me to exercise, but I force my self. I watch the biggest loser and the discovery channels where they have obese people actually doing something about their wieght. I figure if they can do, I can too. I joined the YWCA and they have a small weight room and a pool where there are water classes for arthritic women. I don't go to the ymca,because they are coed where the YWCA are just women and they don't judge you. Check it out and good luck
It is going to hurt in the begiinning, there is no free pass for getting healthy, just stick to it
Thanks annb, your post help me alot, THEY CAN DO, SO I CAN DO

Old 03-09-2008, 11:26 AM   #5
(female)

Dee101 HB User

Sweetthing is right start gradually .. to get moving we've made the effort not to move now do the opposite, walking more is a start and changing your lifestyle that includes more movement .. cut your portions however eat more frequently .. the better you know yourself the better your chances of losing and keeping the weight off .. you need to know if removing the foods that are your trigger foods will work for you ... again you must check with a physican but I find that the supplement chromium picolinate that will help with sugar cravings .. personally I drink tons of water as I'm sodium sensitive and it's basically the only way to rid my body of the excess sodium ... again I would check with a physican but I find riding the body of toxins brings back renewed energy to get you going again and have the energy along with the desire to want to take action towards losing weight

Old 05-16-2008, 07:33 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

aussiejono HB User

Have you considered reductil?

It makes you satisfied with less food, so you gradualy loose weight. Unlike amphetamine derivatives, it works long term.

I find that a glass of metamucil before meals helps to fill me up and make me eat less, or a bowl of thick vegetable soup (caulieflower, onion, carrot, spinich etc... not too much starchy veggies)

Eaten as a forst course it takes the edge off of your apatite, and as a snack it fills you up without too many calories

Closed Thread