It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2008, 03:47 AM   #1
(female)

donnaley HB User
Smile gastric sleeve

Hi everyone, I am very new at this , but wanted to share what I have experienced. I am a type 1 diabetic with a heart problem. I have had diabetes for over 30years. I weighed 119kg so it was suggested I have lap band. After lots of research I found this wasn't the answer for me.
7 days ago I had gastric sleeve procedureand can't beleive there is no pain,only slight wind.I have losts 10kg and halved my insulin, which is why I did this. I found out be removing the gerhlin hormone from the stomach the insulin would work better and found there is no hunger pains that friends have had with lap band. I wanted to just let everyone know check out the options but i highly recommmend gastric sleeve.
Donnaley

Old 02-10-2008, 09:07 PM   #2
(female)

readytochange08 HB User
Re: gastric sleeve

That is fantastic! Have you had any trouble with purging? I had a consult 2/5/08 and it went well. I am really looking forward to having the surgery but it won't be for at least 6 months. My insurance requires suppervised diet. I'm not sure how long this procedure has been around, but I have read alot of good things and very little negitive. I would be interested to hear on your progress.
I understand recovery is pretty fast, returning to work as soon as a week. I'm really excited about this procedure. I did not care for the others.
I know I am ready to change my life. I am fortunate I don't have medical problems at this time, but I don't want any either.

God Bless,
Bert

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread