It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2008, 10:17 PM   #1
(female)

shawna68 HB User
Unhappy Gastric Bypass

I am very obese and my weight is a problem with my everyday functions.
I have no energy, I cant tie my shoes, I sweat like crazy, and can barely walk, not to mention much much more. I have tried to diet but fail miserably.
Exercising is limited because I cant hardly walk, my knees are bad so I cant bend or squat plus I have arthritis so that also makes it hard. I crave sweets like crazy and literally have no self control when it comes to food. I am miserable. Six years ago I was skinny size 9 pants, medium shirts, 135 lbs.
Five years ago I made a drastic change in my life. I stopped drinking, smoking and, using drugs (speed). Thats when I started gaining weight. I now wear a size 24 pants, 4x shirts, i am 265 lbs. My weight has doubled in 5 years. I am only 5 foot 4 inches tall. Luckily I dont have high blood pressure or Diabetes or other health problems yet but I am sure I will eventually. Its obviouse I am not gonna lose weight on my own so I asked my doctor to send me for a Gastric bypass surgery. She refuses to do so. She wont even tell me if my insurance will pay for one. I know lots of people who have had one and are happy and healthy now. Does anyone know if State Med-i-cal health benefits through welfair pays for Gastric bypass surgery, and how can I check into getting one.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:25 AM   #2
(female)

shawna68 HB User
Re: Gastric Bypass

I am not replying to myself, I am still new to this site and am unsure how to create my own message without doing it through reply. I havent gotten one response to my question yet. Being big is not fun and if anyone out there can sympathize with me please respond.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2008, 12:50 AM   #3
(female)

LostN07 HB User

Yes state medicaid will pay for gastric bypass surgery. You just have to find a surgen that accepts it. There are many out there.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:52 AM   #4
(female)

LostN07 HB User

I had gastric bypass 16 weeks ago. Best thing I ever did for myself. Yes being big is no fun and lonely but there is hope. Just make sure if you get a consult you ask questions and know the risks and side effects.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:07 PM   #5
(female)

shawna68 HB User

Thanks for talking to me I really appreciate it. So you had one 16 weeks ago?
If you dont mind my asking how much did you weigh? What are the side effects you experience? Was it hard getting adjusted to not eating like you did before. I wonder how that will be because I crave sweets like crazy. I am never satisfied either.
I eat one thing and then it just wasnt the taste I needed so I grab something else and so on til I feel so full and sick I cant eat no more. How do I find a good gastric bypass surgeon? Can you give me some tips please?

Old 02-21-2008, 05:31 PM   #6
(female)

LostN07 HB User

No I don't mine at all. Ok I was 310 lbs its was 16 weeks ago on Tuesday. Ive lost 39 inches and 71 lbs
i was a size 28 now I am in x-L. alls I thought about was food. An emotional eater also. Food was my life. I was afraid that I would miss it and be hungry all the time but I'm not. I cant eat a lot and its ok cause I don't want it. I don't miss the junk food either. After so long you see the good results and they make you realize that thin feels better than food tastes. I exercise a lot and I now enjoy it because I know I will see results.
Ive not had any side effects. I am lucky I have dumped 2 times but I learned what I cant eat. I can eat almost any foods with no issues at all. I had mine done open so my scars huge and it opened and got infected
I recommend doing it Lap.
<removed>

Last edited by mod-anon; 02-21-2008 at 09:22 PM. Reason: do not discuss other forums

Old 03-02-2008, 12:43 PM   #7
(female)

Dee101 HB User

If your doctor does not recommend the surgery perhaps the natural way with a doctor’s recommendation.. as I’am not a doctor I can only provide you with what has helped me over the years .. I found that removing the toxins from my body provides me with energy, the energy needed to do activities, again check with your doctor that psyllum is a natural fiber that pulls the waste through your digestive system in removing the toxins .. this should provide you with the energy you need to get going, with the sweet craving what works for me is the dietary supplement Chromium Picolinate

Basically you’re going to have to move your body, get going in activities that you like to do, eating smaller frequent meals may allow your body to gradually adapt to the change from the larger meals, walking is a great exercise whether in the park or treadmill, you need to find your Trigger Foods and what they are (The Thin Commandment) these are the foods that we usually don’t say no to one (me it’s chocolates, breads, potatoes)

It’s a lifestyle change you must realize that it will take time because it is a lifestyle change to bring out the you inside

Old 03-04-2008, 06:43 AM   #8
(female)

SweetThing789 HB User

Great advice, Dee... ST

Closed Thread