It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2009, 06:17 AM   #1
(male)

rich88 HB User
bleeding belly button

OK so i am 21 and over weight. my belly button has been bleeding and leaking a smelly fluid for about a year now about 2 days a month and then it goes away. the area around my belly button also gets sore but not the belly button itself. sometimes bleeds bad enough that i would notice a few specs of blood on the floor sometimes then that's how i knew to check my belly button. i should probably go to the doctors but i have no insurance. i have gone to the emergency room once and said i have a infection and gave anti biotics, did not help. so i went to the health dept they said same thing. gave me anti biotics, didn't help. so i called the er (because i have no insurance) and talked to a nurse and told him my situation that this was still going on and my belly button was bleeding again and if i came in if they would do some kind of cat scan or something and he said they probably wont that the er is just a quick fix and i need to see a family doctor. to tell you the truth i thought i was the only one this was happening to. sorry to say but i glad i not the only one. so let me know what u think.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:01 PM   #2
(female)

yellowbo HB User
Re: bleeding belly button

I used to have that problem. At first my doctor treated for yeast. it did not help. I gave up and just kept baby wipes on me to keep it clean. Then when I went for my yearly pap it was happing. I showed it to my gyno, guess what, she said she thought it was endometrious, ordered tests and was right!

When you get insurance, maybe you can ask your doctor about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #3
(female)

NaynaLove HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbo View Post
I used to have that problem. At first my doctor treated for yeast. it did not help. I gave up and just kept baby wipes on me to keep it clean. Then when I went for my yearly pap it was happing. I showed it to my gyno, guess what, she said she thought it was endometriosis, ordered tests and was right!

When you get insurance, maybe you can ask your doctor about it.

How do you test for it?
I am having the same thing going on.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:12 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

My ex gets this too. I think it might just be from bacteria getting into the navel...like if water gets in it during showering and you don't dry it off. Moisture can irritate the skin to the point of bleeding. And since you're a guy, I don't think it's endometriosis.

My advice would be to make sure you dry off your belly button after getting it near water. Just wrap your finger in a towel and poke around in the navel...not so far that it hurts, but enough to dry it off. It should help.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:15 PM   #5
(female)

justlook1ng HB User

or use a hair dryer to dry it out.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:47 PM   #6
(male)

SouthSideChi HB User

I found this board because of the same reason, this old thread: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=63250&highlight=umbilic al+cyst+punctured+belly+button

This originally happened to me a few months ago, it was incredibly painful. I had no insurance either, but after about 2 weeks I gave in and went to the emergency room. I thought it was a cut, they told me it was infected, gave me a week of antibiotics and said to come back if it didnt stop bleeding, but otherwise did nothing. Ended up going back in another 2 weeks because it still persisted. Gave me more antibiotics, told me it was probably a cyst, needed to drain and dry out, but again nothing else. So now, 5 weeks in, better but still bleeding, tired of waiting hours only to be told nothing. So I took a tiny desk fan, made a few tubes out of bendy straws, attached them to the fan and stuck them in my bellybutton. Stopped bleeding in about a week. The main problem seems to be drying it out, considering the area. A normal person, ok, but us?

I had a small flare up a month or so later, did the same thing, lasted only about a week. Had a big flare up last week not as painful as the first but uncomfortable, trying it again, seems like its working, but if its still bad Ill probably go to the er again next week to make sure it isnt infected.

If you think its at all getting infected, go to the er or dr, it wont heal that way. In the end Im sure the antibiotics did most of the work. Otherwise there's some good info in that thread about keeping it clean. Such an odd thing to happen, but pretty awesome to be able to see Im not the only one. Good luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just saw that the thread is from April, thats when it first happened to me. Weird. Posting anyway maybe it'll help someone.

Closed Thread