It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
(female)

Fantasi HB User
Unhappy 26 years old and 281 pounds

i have been big my whole life starting from around 6 when i was 9-10 years old i weighed around 175 pounds,13-16 around 200-220 pounds then hit my 270-280 pounds and have stayed there for around 10 years i have never been a thin girl and have lived with this but now its getting so hard on me when i was 18 i went without a period for almost a year i all so started growing facial hair on my Chin was a big blow for me. i have tryed dieting but so far its not working and i tend to give up. The doctor kinda scard me when he said i should check and see if i have Polycystic ovary disease because i was overweighed and had hair growing on my chin and i do wish to have children im just not sure i will ever be able to lose weight. i can cut food out no problem because its not that i am a big overeater its the exercising that i have a problem with latly i have been feeling so tired and have no energy its like i want to but my body dont i just dont know what to do. anyone have any advise for me i would love some.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2009, 06:11 PM   #2
(female)

Reiannasmommy26 HB User
Re: 26 years old and 281 pounds

1. 60% of all America women are over a size 14. Us Plus size girls are sexy so stop thinking you are anything but amazing!
Have you talk to your Dr about Depression? The way it sounds you might have a little issue with that. Before I got on Cymbalta I was 278lbs, I'm only 5'3 and I am the same age is you. I went through live just like you did always heavy. I am also disabled I have something called RSD in my legs where it makes it hard to walk. I so wanted to loose the weight but my body wouldn't want to move. So one day I got up and pushed my self to Join my gym, they have a pool and classes that are for people like me. It took everything I had to get up every other day and go, but I pushed my self for my health I needed to do it. After a couple weeks, I started to feel better and looked forward to working out. If you Dr can't help you figure out the best way to help you reach your goals find one that will, that's their job hun. I've lost 90lbs I'm not even sure I want to get rid of anymore weight.

Ps. I had a 5 year old daughter, when I got pregnant I was 240lbs, it's always a possibility hun

Last edited by mod-anon; 10-17-2009 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Please use the Quick Reply button instead of Quote Reply.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2009, 06:29 AM   #3
(female)

Fantasi HB User

What a great story im so glade things have gone so well for you im 5''6 myself
My only thing is at the moment i dont have the money to join a gym nore is there a gym near me i have been thinking about a diet but so far none i have started have worked. thanks so much for replying i have started to think no one would.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:14 PM   #4
(female)

soapies777 HB User

You don't need a gym just start slow if you are able walk around the block at first and try to make it a little longer each day if possible.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:31 AM   #5
(female)

wondering kay HB User
Thumbs up Re: 26 years old and 281 pounds

Hi,I wanted to tell you not to give up on yourself. I do not no much about the facial hair issue, does sound like it could be hormone related ( one of the joys of being a women). Let the doctors rule out what they can if you presently have issurance. I have battled my weight most of my life also, and watched my mom all her life she has been over 400 many times. I,m 46 and now about 250's.Have been dealing with severe fibro. pain for several years, tho just diagnosed about 4 months ago. I have used aspartame since I was 16 someone told me it might be making me sicker. So I stopped 3 months or so ago, I have stopped taking it in in anything, drinks, yogurts, gum ect...only sugar now. I am now almost pain free have more energy. I also, invested in a pair of new shoes skechers shape ups, pricey but, worth it. I am actually started to gain definition, and my whole body feels stronger. I was already on my feet alot and walked alot at my job. After seeing my sister-in-law who has stage 2 kidney disease, lower her blood pressure so much , by cutting salt out of her diet, I also tried that. Together its all working. Just keep trying work with what you can, if you can't fianacally do something now. Use what you have. Remember you are worth the investment.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:43 AM   #6
(female)

need2losefast HB User

hi i read your story and it reminds me of me sorry you feel the same way i do im 24 and i weigh 218 pounds this sucks huh

Closed Thread