It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
(female)

1stxmom HB User
Unhappy rapid weight gain

Hi I am a 28 yr old female. Growing up I have always had a hard time gaining weight until recently. In the past 8 mths I have gained 30lbs. For some reason all of the weight is going straight to my stomach. I have had my thyroid checked. I have seen a Gastrointeroligist and my OBGYN and no one seems to know what the problem is. My OBGYN said I eat too much which I do not. I eat the same way I always have. I do not snack alot. I went from 103 to 133. I know that isn't overweight but I look 8 months pregnant. I have a muscle disease that keeps me from exercising. If I walk more than the normal it will make my muscle waste away faster and I do not have the strength to do sit ups. Does anyone have any suggestions of what could be wrong?

Old 10-31-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
(female)

confusa HB User
Re: rapid weight gain

have you had your adrenals checked? sounds like you have lots of cortisol on board. i know personally i have high levels in the am...causing the lovely mid section pregnant look. my four year asked me several ties this juust the other day. funny thing is i have always been thin and i eat really healthy, so it has notheing to do with that...just that your metabolism is not functioning properly due to perhaps cortisol levels. you could do a 24 hour saliva test to find out how they are working if you feel like you are not being heard by your doctors...it cost about 100. just an idea.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
(female)

1stxmom HB User

Where do you get the saliva test at? If this is the problem can it be corrected?

Old 11-01-2009, 06:02 AM   #4
(female)

confusa HB User

i can't privately send you a message so i hope it is okay to mention the book adrenal fatigue 21st century stress syndrome, by wilson. i think that may be your issue if everything is "looking okay". adrenals ARE "RECOVERABLE. the test would tell you if your adrenals are producing too muchor not enough. i am on this journey too, so when i find out what i had to do for myself. everyone is different. so that is why the test is so helpful. my testi picked up from my doctors office but the lab was in kent, wa i can't remeber the name, i think it was diagnostic something. i can find out and give you specifics. but i know you can find labs online..infact i know javelina on here would know she has taken several and has been very helpful to me. you could send her a personal message and ask her...hope this helps. do you have other syptoms? do you feel stressed out easily and tired ? any other symptoms?

Old 11-01-2009, 07:54 AM   #5
(female)

1stxmom HB User

Here is a list of my symptoms:
weight gain in waist area, stess out easily, very tired, stretch marks, acne on back and chest, headaches, severe muscle weakness(hard to get out of chairs or climb stairs), brain fog and cant sleep straight through the night

Closed Thread