It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #1
(female)

Daisy1001 HB User
Question Where can I wear a swimsuit?

I weigh 497lbs and find it really difficult to find clothes at the best of times but recently I've been referred for hydratherapy to help stretch my muscles (aerobics of any kind is a big no no due to strain on my heart) and relieve my body of carrying the weight for a little while twice a week. Now I'm panicking - although I'm assured it is a personal one-to-one session how on earth am I going to ever be able to wear any kind of swimsuit?? Beleive it or not I've found a swimsuit that does actually fit me - just - but I feel really self conscious and the straps really dig in, also it only just barely covers my bottom and if I move around in the pool I'm sure I'm going to end up flashing a builders bum. Also I've got really bad bladder control so I need something that hides the rubber pants that I'm going to have to wear aswell. I know it sounds silly and my therapist obviously is expecting me to be obese but deep down inside I'm tired of being such a spectacle all the time and now I have to enbarass myself by putting on a swimsuit in front of other people. I'm sure you all understand where I'm coming from with this - does anyone got any practicle suggestions as to what to wear in the pool? Help!!

Old 01-03-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Where can I wear a swimsuit?

Maybe you could wear regular loose fitting shorts and a shirt.

My elderly mom had water therapy after a car accident while in the hospital and they put her in regular shirt and pants.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2010, 11:07 PM   #3
(female)

Valentine0214 HB User

I wear shorts and T-shirt when I go.

Old 01-22-2010, 03:01 PM   #4
(female)

Daisy1001 HB User

Thanks guys...I've started hydratherapy now and it is a relief. I just turned up with T-shirt and shorts and told them is it ok as I cannot get any swimwear to fit, they were fine with this. I was still self conscious though but I always am when I'm out of the house and meeting people for the first time....

Old 01-23-2010, 11:52 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

chocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB User

Oh Daisy, you are off to a very good start. You have to start somewhere and I'm so proud of you!
It's so important to be moving. Your heart can get stronger and healthier just take it slowly and easy and you'll get better and better.
I think the shorts and shirt wearing is a very good idea. No need to be uncomfortable in a bathing suit.
You go girl!

Old 01-23-2010, 09:00 PM   #6
(female)

ellinas HB User

x2 with what chocolate29 said. You Go Girl!!!

Old 02-01-2010, 12:24 AM   #7
(female)

bbbbbau HB User

Congratulations of adding a form of exercise to your life!

Now to stop from 'being a spectacle' as you put it, here is your chance to add more healthy habits to your day! Control your portion intake and add at least 30 mins a day of continuous exercise and you will be on the right track. Only you can save yourself. Keep up the good work.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:26 PM   #8
(female)

Daisy1001 HB User

Just a quick update! Still sticking with the hydratherapy, I think it's having a positive effect just to feel what it might be like not to carry so much weight. I have asked also about what exercises I can do out of the water that won't put strain on heart too much. This is the rut you get stuck in when you start edging towards 'supersize' as they call it, you can only do light exercise and that doesn't feel like it's making a difference/burning many calories. I was told to walk halfway up and back down the stairs at my home 5 times once a day but do it slowly, then build up to doing it 10 times and maybe twice a day. Gradually I should work up to facing a swift walk around the block! We shall see.....

Closed Thread