It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
(female)

comitted HB User
Question overweight husband

I have been married for 34.5 years...to the same man. He has continually "grown" over those years. Yes, I have too. I have went from (1975- 98 lbs)...to (115 lbs)..he has went from 165 lbs to well over 500 lbs!!!
I am at a loss..he doesn't get it..I have tried, tried and tried again, I give!..I am not his keeper, and cannot moniter ever item he consumes. He does not eat healthy..avoids any and all vegtables like the plague! In fact only one he likes is CORN..like the worst one in the bunch!..its gotten to a point friends, and family avoid us...uninvite us..forget to invite us..don't ask us.. sigh.
We are no longer young, and it would be nice to have a mate once I retire, at this rate its never going to happen. Is there help for one so big?

Old 02-03-2010, 09:56 AM   #2
(male)

Vegas74 HB User
Re: overweight husband

Wow sounds like your between a rock and a hard place as the saying goes. I think that going to a counceler is the best idea, and with their help you might get to the reason why he let himself go and help you understand which may lead to a solution-sadly I agree with you there is no future here as you stated-if you dont act on the problems now. I appologise for my poor spelling,

my warmest regards,

Last edited by Vegas74; 02-03-2010 at 09:57 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2010, 10:07 PM   #3
(male)

leopard777 HB Userleopard777 HB Userleopard777 HB Userleopard777 HB User
Re: overweight husband

if i may suggest, try not to be at home every night. the fridge temptation is too high.
i had this problem. and i decided not to be at home at the evening. i joined a car vintage club.
because i liked the 70 the cars for a long time.
you sure have a passion. learning playing drum, singing military music, boxing, writing poetry,
joke ,and so on... what you like, you just make it for real at the evening.
join a club. so you are not at home at night. it's finish with the TV and the supermarket food.
your sweet temptation vanished.
i get rid of it of like that. I have loss weight. And more vivid evening.
just my case you know. Enjoy .

Closed Thread