It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #1
(female)

eharvey15 HB User
cannot stop gaining weight

I have been overweight my whole life and I have come from a family that has been overweight. In the past three years I went from being 180 to 270. Every time I get on the scale I gain another five pounds and it won't stop. I always have breakfast and I eat small meals. I am not a big fan of fast food, candy, and such. I just don't know why I keep gaining weight. I recently stopped using my birth control, could that have something to do with it? I just don't know what to do, and like everyone else, I have tried every diet. I have also found myself suffering from depression. I need help/suggestions/tips.

--Thanks

Last edited by eharvey15; 02-15-2010 at 04:59 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to eharvey15:
evilhouse (02-09-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2010, 09:48 PM   #2
(female)

FlipOverBuggie HB User
Re: cannot stop gaining weight

Are you exercising at all? A change in eating habits is great, but doesn't go very far without regular exercise.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2010, 04:00 PM   #3
(female)

eharvey15 HB User

I exercise all the time, at least 4 times a week for about 2 hours a day. Its very strange, thats why I don't know whats going on.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:19 AM   #4
(female)

FlipOverBuggie HB User

Hmm...sounds very strange....if I may ask, what types of exercise are you doing? Strength, aerobics?? Oh yes, by the way from what I've heard, the stopping of using birth control doesn't usually cause weight gain, it's usually just the opposite.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #5
(female)

paxhong HB User

maybe you should go to the doctor and check for overactive thyroid, if that doesn't help, maybe you should eat more and take care of yourself stresswise. i lost weight by adding beef to my diet, granted...my story is very different from yours. just speaking from experience.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

dreamer89 HB User

not sure but if you gaining that fast get a physical, it could be a hormonal problem no one gains like that not even me except if I am coming off a severe diet or something.

don't restrict your caloires either, have you just come off a diet in the recent past where you lost some weight or anything? if yes you could be coming off a famine and regaining because of this famine. if not it could be thyroid or cortisol problem get it checked out.

if the doctor gives you any flake blaming you for it then find another doctor. your money spends just as well with other doctors too.

RRRR

Old 03-07-2010, 08:59 AM   #7
(male)

Lyneteck HB User

Eharvey, I feel your pain. I can honestly say BEEN THERE DONE THAT. I made another post on another board that I want you to read. I just went there to copy and paste it. So, here it is. -----------------------I know where you are coming from. I have been overweight most of my life. I've been on the weight loss rollercoaster forever. Diets are simply a joke by themselves. I've lost as much as 100lbs only to see it come back after the diet is over. Diets only work if you plan on staying on them for the rest of your life. And in 99.999999% of the time, that just isn't going to happen. I'm in my 40's now. It's an old saying but, I wish I knew then (when I was 17) what I know now. I accidently discovered the key to gradual weight loss and most importantly, keeping off the weight without being on any type of food restrictive diet. To make a long story even longer (lol), about 3 years ago I started feeling the aches and pains of old age setting in on the old body. I did some research on vitamin D, calcium, other vitamins and minerals, and colon cleansing. I decided to start with the vitamins and minerals. I started taking a multivitamin/multimineral suppliment (Rite-Aid store brand "Whole Source"). In addition, I also started taking about 3000IU of vitamin D3 per day. I also started taking coral calcium (Barefoot Coral Calcuim Complete). It took a couple of weeks for me to notice a difference. But the aches and pains were gradually going away. In just a month or two, the pain was gone. I also had energy like I had when I was in my 20's. A few months down the road, I realized I had lost a few pounds. Now, I hadn't been dieting at all. Trust me when I say, I eat whatever I want, when I want. It's been a little over 3 years now, and I have lost about 45lbs. I was 304lbs and now I'm at 259lbs. I now know that I could go on a diet and lose weight with the diet, but more importantly, I now have the tools to keep it off. I always wondered how those skinny people stayed skinny while eating twice the garbage that I was eating. Their metabolism's just ran faster that mine. I found out that if you give your body the vitamins and minerals that it needs to properly function, that your metabolism speeds up. This moves things through your system much faster and healthier at the same time. The vitamins and minerals also will fix many other things in your body that are out of whack. For instance, I had terrible spring allergies (pollen). For about a month and a half every spring, I was in misery. The first spring, after I started taking the suppliments, the severity of my allergy symptoms was cut in half. The second year, it was cut in half again. And this last spring, I had no allergy symptoms what so ever. This was huge for me, because I work outside constantly. Anyway, back to the weight loss. I did do a colon cleanse. It helped somewhat. It helped to increase my metabolism a little more. I know the vitamins and minerals really helped my wife too. She was having a bowell movement about once every three days. That has been a way of life for her forever. She now has two or three bowell movements a day. And there have been many changes in her as well. Weight loss, energy, attitude, and just a spark in her that hasn't been there for years. I can't be exactly sure which suppliments are doing the most good in my life, but in my opinion, it's probably the Barefoot Coral Calcuim and the Vitamin D3. Because every now and then I run out the different suppliments. I notice a difference when I'm off of the calcuim and/or the vitamin D for a day or two. I don't notice much when I miss a few days of the multivitamin/multimineral. But, I'm not going to quit taking any of them. I recently (2 months ago) did step up my Vitamin D3 intake from 3000IU to 5000IU per day. It actually stepped up things in my life another notch to the good. It sounds too good to be true, but all I can tell you is that it worked wonders for my life. Oh, and one more thing. I used to get the cold and/or flu about once or twice a year. I haven't had either of those for 3 years now. And I work constantly around the public. In hundreds of homes with people that have had everything from the common cold, flu, and many cases of the swine flu. It's almost laughable, I catch nothing anymore. Well, I hope this novel I've written helps you. (lol) I told you it was a long story. Good luck!

Old 05-12-2010, 05:22 AM   #8
(female)

DesertMeow HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eharvey15 View Post
Every time I get on the scale I gain another five pounds and it won't stop.
Wondering how you're doing now; did you end up getting checked for a thyroid problem? Other thoughts: are you on any medications? (Some cause weight gain as a side effect.) Do you get proper sleep? (Some people gain weight from working night-shift or going to bed very late every night. Others from sleep apnea!) Do you drink high-calorie drinks? (I notice if I start drinking things like juice, wine, lattes, etc. regularly, I quickly gain a few pounds. So I drink only water and unsweetened coffee/tea, most of the time.) Do you drink enough water? (Most people don't, and this state of dehydration inhibits weight loss.)

I hope you're doing better now! Let us know...

Old 06-12-2010, 08:44 AM   #9
(female)

Tamina HB User

eharvey15;

Birth control pills can have something to do with weight gain. But, to be sure, consult with a qualified doctor in your area.

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-13-2010 at 12:38 AM. Reason: removed quote

Closed Thread