It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

dreamer89 HB User
obesity is not a moral problem

I was thinking, all my life I have tried to lose this weight, try 35 years of it. I have done the lower fat, low carb low caloires (the most I done was low calorie) I mean you eat less you lose weight right. i have lost over 300 pounds in my life time not all at once of course.
\
but the problem comes in how the body responds to that. you build up a hunger debt and one day you will find you start eating and can't stop (after losing say 20 or 30 pounds). you build up a hunger debt like you do sleep debt or oxygen debt. our bodies just cannot stand these fake famines we impose on them.

doctors and nutritionists keep saying portion control, and eating healthily, (but never really know what healthy really is) and exercising more, and what i find funny is that research will tell them if they bothered to read it that eating less and exercising more doens'[t address the true cause of obesity.

otherwise if it did we should see a nation of skinnies. instead we have a diet industry getting rich on trying to get us to eat less without being hungry (have fun with that) and desire to exercise more and people are spending 40 billion per year on such things.

and people are fatter now than ever. people are more tired, hungry and miserable then ever before.with all the research I read about how dieting (even before any weight is lost) lowers leptin, increase gherlin (both very bad) and decreases fat burning enzymnes and increases fat producing enzymes, and let's not forget that hunger that hits you like a ton of bricks where you absolutly cant resist overeating the very foods your supposed to avoid in great abundance. yet the doctors keep preaching old school and are not helping their patients at all. some are just brow beating them into depression and self hatred. then they have the nerve to call these binge episodes a psychological problem rather than the bodies attempt at famine recovery. creeps!

maybe they need to go get reeducated. they are not helping any of us at all.

so my conclusion they don't know how to help us. all they can do it encourage us to eat healthy as possible without caloire counting or restricting and exercising for health and energy and not for weight loss.

I heard some alternative doctors say you have to heal your body before you lose weight not lose weight to heal your body. lsoing weight doesn't heal you but eating right and exercising does. and weight loss is automatic. not fast but it is supposed to work tht way. I will let you know if that is true as soon as I lose half of me.

I do find I like this diet I have been following, not a weight loss diet just trying to reverse insulin resistance and increase my energy and it is working in that dept, yes you have to eat less to lose weight, but your body has to decrease your appetite so you can otherwise it is a losing battle. you body has to preciptate the decreased appetite and increase it's metabolism you can't force it I have learned. the school of hard knocks.

RRRR

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread