It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
(male)

Nemmm HB User
Being obese causing shortness of breath?

Im just wondering if you guys have experience shortness of breath while being obese, I have it everyday and rarely get any good breaths.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

resolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB User
Re: Being obese causing shortness of breath?

Shortness of breath and obesity go hand in hand but shortness of breath has many other causes also. If you are experiencing shortness of breath during physical exercise like going up a flight of steps, but no other discomfort, then odds are it's the extra weight you are carrying. But if you are having spells when you are not physically active, then you probably have a larger problem. Either way, you really need to see a doctor for a screening. Some of the problems that could be causing it are minor and can be fixed with a medication but some (congestive heart failure for instance) are very serious.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
(female)

fatnick HB User

I get shortness of breath. It comes with obesity generally, but I recently developed Asthma, and had a sleep study recently, showing I have severe obtructive sleep apnea. I now have to use a CPAP machine when sleeping.

It was waking with extreme shortness of breath that lead my GP to order the sleep study.

I suggest you talk to your GP about it.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
(male)

Shubert1982 HB User

Like the other users said before, the two of them really go hand in hand - as well as a numerous amount of other health issues. Being obese or overweight isn't necessarily about your waistline but it's about being out of shape also. That's going to affect all your organs and overtime really put strain on them - as with your shortness of breath.

Obviously if you're posting this question on a forum, you are concerned and I believe you should definitely go see a doctor as soon as possible and get him to check you over - not just for your breathing but to see if there is any other strain that is going on.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Shubert1982; 01-06-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Closed Thread