It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
(female)

cazajacks HB Usercazajacks HB Usercazajacks HB User
Is this all down to me being fat???

Hi Everyone,

I'm very overweight, 5ft 3in, age 46 and i weigh 15st 12lb ( 101kg). I am concerned that i have started to notice something different happening to me,and want to know if others have the same problem.

When i bend over to do something i can't breathe, for example, if i have to do buckles up on my shoes, or try to cut or paint my toenails i can't breath. Is this just my fat belly crushing my heart and organs!

I got out of the shower tonight and was a bit short of breath, but i put my foot up on the edge of the bath to dry my lower leg and foot and i could not breath, it's like my heart is being crushed ( not painful) but there is just no oxygen going through. Is this what all us big people get. I never used to get this.
Once i stop doing what i'm doing and stand upright again i can breathe again, but i'm very short of breath because i have had to go a few seconds without being able to breathe.

Please tell me any stories of how you guys have this problem.

Thank you .

Old 02-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB User
Re: Is this all down to me being fat???

Probably is the excess weight on the chest being compressed. Do you also get SOB when you bow? (lean over with a flat back without curling the chest?) If you notice it other times than when you are compressed GO TO THE DOC.

Too often us fluffy people put things like that off because we think they are just going to tell us- "lose weight".

I have a fat-friendly doc. When I first visited her I said "I know I'm fat, I've done diets, I know I need to lose, please don't lecture me" She doesn't, & I'm not afraid to go to her, she looks past my weight.

Good luck

Pup

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2011, 12:37 PM   #3
(female)

Nuggylove HB User
Smile Re: Is this all down to me being fat???

I agree with the advice to see a doc... it might be the weight, but it might not.

I'm not sure how many pounds 101kg is, so I don't know how overweight you are (if you are...lol). I'm 5'8" and weigh 225 lbs. and don't have any breathing problems.

For now, I'm going to try to make better choices with food... I was not put upon this earth to be this size...it's not comfy! So I pray you and I and anyone else out there who thinks they're overweight are successful in their battles!

Blessings!
Karen

Closed Thread