It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
(male)

alexh0422 HB User
i am in need of help and support!

hi my name is alex and im 5'11 285 and i dont know how my weight got so out of control or how i gained it which seemd like in a blink of an eye! i do feel bad about myself and i know i need to loose weight but my mom constantly tells me i need to drop a few pounds and i dont like to hear it, i understand i am overweight and need to do something but i feel like i dont need it to be pointed out all the time..i have the greatest GF of all time she loves me reguardless of what i look like, since we started dating since ive become fat, i used to be 160 freshman year and was so active but now i look at myself and just wonder what the heck happend to myself. i honestly dont understand where all this weight came from and it seemd to come on in a blink of an eye. i want to loose weight but i always fall to my hunger urges, it seems like i cant stop myself from getting in my car and getting jack in the box or god knows what. i honestly believe id save a ton of money if i started eating healthier. i dont wanna be like this anymore but i feel like i will always fall to my hunger urges. any tips or tricks to fight these? anyone experiance the same problem?

The following user gives a hug of support to alexh0422:
ladianes (09-18-2011)
Old 09-18-2011, 08:25 AM   #2
(female)

dupee1 HB User
Smile Re: i am in need of help and support!

I'm struggling with mine too. I've tried it all. Recently, I started trying to eat mostly protein. boiled eggs, tuna, salmon, chicken etc. Try to lay off the carbs. Cereal, bread etc. I also use fiber or am trying to get into that habit. Three or four years ago I used a colon cleanse product from Dr Natura. I still use the fiber and it helps alot with hunger and blood sugar. Hope this helps some. Run searches on bodybuilding and you can find some good nutrition info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: i am in need of help and support!

I have been a binge eater for over 35 years, since I was 13. I'll tell you the secret:
I stopped giving myself excuses for eating whatever and whenever I liked. I blamed my father for a LOOOOONG time because he was very verbal about my weight and I really hated him for that. I ate just to spite him sometimes. Like you, I had others in my life who loved me for who I was, yet the thing is, Alex, don't you want to look and feel your best for your girlfriend? If you are unhappy with yourself, you can be sure that the feeling rubs off on how you act in the world, and around your girlfriend.
You don't have to be "perfect" to lose some weight if that's what you want to do. If you
get fast food every day, cut it down to five days per week, for the first week. Take long walks with your girlfriend. Stop telling yourself that you can't control yourself. You can.
This is your life, my friend. You have my word that as you gain control of the lies you tell yourself about how weak you are and how much you need those goodies, you will naturally make wiser choices and start losing weight. I wish you the very best. I know it's not easy but it IS doable.

Sue

Old 10-06-2011, 11:24 PM   #4
(male)

HardwrkngNate HB User
Re: i am in need of help and support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupee1 View Post
I'm struggling with mine too. I've tried it all. Recently, I started trying to eat mostly protein. boiled eggs, tuna, salmon, chicken etc. Try to lay off the carbs. Cereal, bread etc. I also use fiber or am trying to get into that habit. Three or four years ago I used a colon cleanse product from Dr Natura. I still use the fiber and it helps alot with hunger and blood sugar. Hope this helps some. Run searches on bodybuilding and you can find some good nutrition info.
That is good start. Also don't know what you consume as far as beverages but you should avoid anything with with any form of calories (Skim milk being an exception). Turkey is a healthier choice over chicken. You don't have to cut carbs out of your diet but learn about healthy dense carbs such as brown rice and oatmeal.

Hope this helps

Closed Thread