It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2011, 09:06 AM   #1
(female)

Jacquie23 HB User
obesity runs in families, but there is a cure!!!

Love.. thats the cure for everything right?

I just felt the need to share my journey with everyone here. A quick caption of my life is, all the woman in my family are HUGE, ranging from obese to morbidly obese. And the men do not have this issue, they are healthy to over weight with age. My mother died, but my grandmother is still alive, and I have a HUGE range of health issues.. almost more then my mother. Its almost like the challenge gets harder with each passing generation. As my grandmother was not over weight until she had her 4th child and my mother was not over weight until she was an adult. And I was not overweight until I was a tween, if I don’t deal with this.. I will have an overweight child, or even worse, an obese baby!!

A good question is, how is this passed from mother to daughter, and how is it the sons are fine? This behavior is not only learned it is something our parents have in them, a kind of memory that they pass down because they haven’t dealt with it, the kind of habits that they pick up to help deal with stress, and teach their children to do the same. so its left to the next generation to deal with the deep down core issues. I have seen overweight children, of overweight parents fight it, and their children’s children do not have any issues with weight at all, while their parents still do. So I KNOW there is a behavior that is taught to our children, and if we fight it, they will fight it.

But the next generation seems to have a more difficult time then the first, so don’t leave it for them to fight for you. My grand mother just lost 75 pounds and this has inspired half the woman in the family to do the same. My aunt lost a bunch, 30 some , and my cousin too, and even Im motivated now to join them and lose but having a hard time.

When my grandmother was asked “how did you do it? Why did you do it?” she had so many reasons but the one that stood out the most in my head was “just being kinder to myself, loving myself because I deserve it” can love really be the reason? Is love really the answer to everything? Its starting to really feel that way the more i look at the world with new eyes.

I look into my fridge and I see the cake and I know the cake killed my mother, and I know sugar feeds cancer cells, where veggies kill them, and I know fatty foods will clog my arteries; and I know all kinds of things about the dangers of bad foods, and the addictions they hold us bound in. But I don’t care because at this moment Im not feeling kind to myself, im feeling depressed, or sad, or other feeling that are no where near the feeling of self love. like the food will make me feel better, when I know they wont!! So I pop it into my mouth. Sometimes I stuff my cheeks until I feel sick or I suffer a carb crash, and my insulin spikes causing me to pass out. Is that self love? I don’t think so. that's confused.

Every day is a battle, I wake up early and talk to myself about how wonderful I am, on days I truly believe it, I make myself tea over coffee… when I see I just made myself tea, im proud of myself because today I believe it!! and it motivates me to do good all day. I cant even give myself the excuse “well I had a bad day so its just today I will not care for myself” because its never just one day.. it lasts for weeks sometimes, its hard to break the connections in my brain when I give myself that excuse from time to time. I have to learn to love myself ALL the time, not just sometimes!

I also, like many obese woman, cannot have children. And I think this might actually be a blessing as they are now starting to understand that the baby in your tummy can hear/ feel all your thoughts. And when you are like me, and thinking negative things, that invites cancerous thoughts into our children. So if you are like me.. and truly need to learn to love yourself from deep inside. Know that once you do, those healing thoughts will carry on to your children.

we carry the cure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread