It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
(male)

dom68 HB User
Getting fatter but not gaining weight

I've been between 360 and 370 for some time now but seem to be getting fatter. A pair of pants that fit me a couple of months ago no longer fit. The same thing goes for shirts and underwear. About six months ago, I was able to fit into size 48 waist pants, but now I have to wear size 52 waist and even those are snug. Another example is wearing 2X shirts. Six months ago, they fit fine, now I have to wear 3X and sometimes 4X. My fat also seems to be softer now as well. So I'm wondering, am I just gaining more fat and losing muscle?

Old 02-07-2012, 06:02 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Estrada92 HB User
Re: Getting fatter but not gaining weight

It may very likely be so, as body weight consists of both muscle and fat... I have been there my friend... try exercising as much as you can and keep to a protein diet, only take the time to go to the doctor to choose the most proper one for you rather than stick to the first one you find online.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
(male)

JasonCares HB User
Re: Getting fatter but not gaining weight

It is very likely that you are indeed losing muscle and gaining fat. Muscle weighs more than fat so what you are experiencing is indicative of your muscle / fat ratio heading in the wrong direction.

In your situation, it is actually obvious to see what you need to do, although, most people do not really understand what is going on inside the body in similar scenarios. Believe it or not, your problem is directly related to insulin resistance, fat storage because of your diet, and your body metabolizing muscle for energy rather than fat.

To understand this, I recommend you read a book called "Protein Power". This explains the whole thing, although, it is pretty technical and will take some dedication to study and understand this fully.

To make a long complicated story super short: You have a broken metabolism and need to get your insulin working for you again. To do this, you need to cut carbohydrates out of your diet - bread, pretzels, pasta, potatoes, and other foods that spike your insulin. Calories do not make a bit of difference for you right now and won't until your body starts to function normally again. Eat lean protein and vegetables exclusively with plenty of water for four weeks and see what happens. I know that if you stick to this, you will be amazed by the results.

Be aware: if you suddenly stop eating carbs you will probably feel lousy for a few days with headaches. This is a sign that things are getting BETTER not that there is something WRONG happening. Quitting carbs is like quitting smoking - it is like breaking an addiction. You must get through this phase or continue down the path to Type II Diabetes and other degenerative diseases that will reduce the quality and length of your life.

Just my $0.02 - I wish you the best of luck and hope you get started turning this around for yourself immediately.

Closed Thread