It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
(female)

vonbon1 HB User
Frustrated no help

Hi, I weigh over 19 stones. I have health issues big time, Firstly I suffer with hydracephilis, which on it's own causes a lot of problems. I@m having serious problems with fluid retention just now, my feet are so swollen I can barely walk, and my legs are like solid lumps of wood. I can't take diuretics as they can cause pressure behind my eyes, which is dangerous for me as the hydracephilis causes this anyway. My gp say's I can't take any diuretics.
I also have incontinence problems, again walking is very difficult as I wet myself a lot. Have been told there is nothing they can do for this. There are no slimming groups such as wieght watchers or slimming world within 10 miles of where I live, I don't drive and my partner isn't allowed to drive due to having 2 strokes a couple of months ago.
The buses are not an option as I can't go out alone due to serious dizzy spells, I have no family within 300 miles of me so can't rely on them to take me about.
I logged into the special K free diet plan yesterday only to be told that as my BMI is over 40 I should go to my gp couldn't get into it any further.
My gp just keeps telling me to plod on with it even though I have stressed that I need help. I'm at my wits end with it, I sleep sitting up on my recliner as I was told by gp it will help with the fluid retention. after 2 months of doing this still no change. last night I slept lying down, never again untill I get some of this wieght off, thought I was going to choke to death, the fat around my neck was cutting off my air. I woke up this morning with my lungs so sore, they had a lot of wieght on them.
so now all the complaints are out of the way I need help big time and am at a loss where to turn.
Thanks for listening any advice will be gratefully received

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Agenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB User
Re: Frustrated no help

Hi, your GP sounds useless. Ask him to refer you to some one who deals with obesity. Have you considered weight loss surgery, it is not for everyone but I had a gastric band fitted 7 years ago lost 10 stone and have kept it off. I suffer with mobility issues and I knew I could not do it in my own.

Another option might be weight watchers on line, I know some people find this a great help. You need to be pro active and keep at your doctor to so something, this is no way to live.

Good luck,

The Following User Says Thank You to Agenda For This Useful Post:
vonbon1 (07-13-2012)
Reply Reply