It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

azuree HB Userazuree HB Userazuree HB Userazuree HB Userazuree HB Userazuree HB Userazuree HB User
Very curious

My neighbor recently told me that she lost 60 pounds over a period of approx. 6 months. When I asked if she started an exercise program , she said no she wasn't exercising. She said she just did it with diet.

Does anyone here think this could possibly be true that simply by diet alone she could have lost 60 pounds over 6 months?

I had not known that people could lose a lot of weight over such a short period without any exercise.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:04 AM   #2
(male)

scarecrow447 HB Userscarecrow447 HB Userscarecrow447 HB User
Re: Very curious

Well i would agree that ten pounds a month is alot with only dieting, she must be on some sort of cleanse liquid diet to obtain such good results with no exercise. But if you really want the details on her diet she is your neighbor so feel free to ask. It is possible though just very difficult with strict strict strict dieting i cannot emphasize how strict the diet program would have to be but it isn't impossible. good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

eric909 HB User

I agree that having a good diet can help in losing weight but it would only be in a slow process, diet with exercise is the best way in losing weight, we can somehow say it would be faster and more effective. Have you asked what kind of diet your neighbor followed? Is fasting considered in the diet?

Old 12-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #4
(female)

WhatWasIThinkin HB User

If she was doing the south beach diet phase 1 then I believe it!

Old 08-31-2013, 08:02 PM   #5
(female)

Rach110913 HB User

It's absolutely possible to lose 60 pounds in 6 months with diet alone. In my opinion, diet is 90% of weight loss, the other 10% being exercise. If she had exercised she would have lost even more weight. 60 pounds in 6 months is 10 pounds a month, which is 2.5 pounds a week. While that is a good amount, it can be done. Also, it really depends how much your neighbor weighed before. People who have a lot more to lose can lose weight much more quickly than those who have less to lose. I personally have lost 40 pounds in 3 months on the low carb diet. So while it takes discipline, it can be done!

Old 09-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

azuree HB Userazuree HB Userazuree HB Userazuree HB Userazuree HB Userazuree HB Userazuree HB User

Perhaps it would be possible to lose weight on change in diet alone, but for a 62-63 yr. old woman to do that much weight loss in such a short time had me very suspicious. That is why I started this thread. I should have put her age in the first post as well.

My thoughts at that time were either pharmaceutical or surgical assistance.

Over time as I have thought about her curious weight loss, I recalled how highly agitated she seemed in communications during that weight loss period. Also she spoke non-stop.

I have subsequently read about the adderall epidemic and how some people abuse that drug for weight loss. Given how highly agitated and talkative she was the last few times I spoke with her, I am thinking that it could be adderall or some other stimulant that allowed her to lose that large amount of weight and keep it off.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:17 PM   #7
(male)

Terryd333 HB User

Weight loss is all about making small changes. As you incorporate some minor adjustments into your lifestyle, you will begin to see how they can add up to big calorie savings and weight loss.

Reply Reply