It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 04:22 AM   #1
(female)

Dandy33 HB User
Angry 78 and can't lose weight!!

In 2010..April to be precise..I had reached 206lbs and decided that was it..dieting ensued.. So I lost 30lb that year and had a wee break at Xmas starting again in January 2011. No matter what I did the weight would not shift. I was originally on a 1200 cal diet, went to 1000 cals and then 800cals for a few weeks, low carbing... no matter what I cannot get the weight to move any more!!
Have now been doing 1200cals again and was pleased that I lost 1lb last week but now have gained it back again...Grrrrrrrr!!
I have an under active thyroid so take 150micgr of Thyroxine plus am takingCo-codamol and Naproxen for my back pain. Perhaps these have an affect on my inability to lose the pounds... but then I was taking these back in 2010 anyway.
Saw an NHS nutrionist a year ago who told me not to bother to lose any more! How ridiculous is that?!! I am 4'11" and weigh 14st 8lb so am at least 3stone too heavy.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:13 AM   #2
(male)

crazycoo HB User
Re: 78 and can't lose weight!!

You must always encourage you self and push your self to do and for ever believe that you will acheive it now or later.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
(female)

Dandy33 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycoo View Post
You must always encourage yourself and push yourself to do it and for ever believe that you will acheive it now or later.
Yes..I totally agree with those sentiments and I have done so! Trouble is the weight just isn't shifting!!

Was hoping for some good advice and perhaps to hear from somebody who has the same sort of problem.

Last edited by Dandy33; 01-13-2013 at 07:32 AM.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:57 AM   #4
(female)

chnl HB User

Hi i used to faced the same problem with you i was at a 43 jeans size and currently within a year and 5 mths my jeans size is at a 31. during my weight lost process i notice that a
There is always that obe question that always pop's up "am i gaining insteed of losing ? "
A week after that i gave up i did not jog or hit the gym or do any physical activity . And i did my weekly self- reflection i was looking at myself in the mirror and i said to myself " i came way to far to just give up , making a decisiion to lose weight is always a lifetime commitment. " i then felt soo angry at myself because i told myself that my parents gave birth to a fighter not a quiter . Soo a piece of advise treat ur motivation in u like a long stick of candle that could last a lifetime . keep on being strong and always beleive that every sweat of hardwork is equivelant to every kg that you ,me. & all of us lose . Dont give up ,keep ur chin up and sweat your way back to the right path . Stay motivated

Old 04-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

Do you have diabetes?
Have you had your insulin blood level checked?

Insulin is good in the right amounts, but if you have too high levels of insulin in the blood it is most likely telling the body to store fat.

I am diabetic controlling with diet/exercise and my insulin level is too high. Losing weight is very, very difficult. Also have a very slow metabolism.

Exercise will help lower the insulin level and increase the metabolism.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #6
(female)

vegea HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandy33 View Post
In 2010..April to be precise..I had reached 206lbs and decided that was it..dieting ensued.. So I lost 30lb that year and had a wee break at Xmas starting again in January 2011. No matter what I did the weight would not shift. I was originally on a 1200 cal diet, went to 1000 cals and then 800cals for a few weeks, low carbing... no matter what I cannot get the weight to move any more!!
Have now been doing 1200cals again and was pleased that I lost 1lb last week but now have gained it back again...Grrrrrrrr!!
I have an under active thyroid so take 150micgr of Thyroxine plus am takingCo-codamol and Naproxen for my back pain. Perhaps these have an affect on my inability to lose the pounds... but then I was taking these back in 2010 anyway.
Saw an NHS nutrionist a year ago who told me not to bother to lose any more! How ridiculous is that?!! I am 4'11" and weigh 14st 8lb so am at least 3stone too heavy.
Try increasing your green veggies if you can and increase your exercise. You can do it!

Reply Reply